Monday, January 19, 2009

Goodbye Uncle Roger...


My Uncle Roger passed away this morning. He had a very short lived struggle with lung cancer, it took him quickly. He went into a coma last night and died this morning at 8:15. He never was a smoker, but did work in the copper mines in Upper Michigan. He would have been 65 this year. My dad (who is 77 years old) is now the only one left of 7 children.
The phrase is Finnish for Goodbye, Uncle, you will be missed we love you.
My father's family came from Karvia, Finland in the early 1900s.

6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your loss Kris.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your uncle. Thanks for stopping by my blog and congratulating me on the RAK. I totally forgot that I might win something. Take care.
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your poor dad, losing everyone at such a young age. Sounds like it was relatively peaceful at least. Sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear. I will pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sympathies to you and yours Kristen, but as least he is no longer suffering, he is at peace now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!