Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Haven't drawn in a long time.


I got my pencils back out today and decided to start drawing again. I am really out of practice. I would hate to hear what I would sound like if I sat at a piano 20 years later now. UGGH. So this is my self portrait for the day. My hair is in a ponytail. I look frightened. My eyebrows are not that far away from eye. I got my old drawing workbook back out and the first lesson is to draw a self portrait. The next lesson is to draw the hand. It was hard to try this after so many years. I always hated drawing hair too, but I think I am going to feel good about this after a few days. It is much easier to carry a sketchbook around than a diecutter and paste and all the bits of paper.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is awesome! I would never attemp something like this. I would of never guessed you hadn't been sketching everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks great to me but you are right...whenever you are not totally happy with something...espesh if you've been working on it for a while...step back, leave it alone and come back to it a day or so later and you will appreciate it more.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, what a talented lady you are !! Dunno about not being happy with it Kristen, it's brilliant..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!