Friday, January 23, 2009

Sketches for the day...



Here is the corner of my living room. The computer is getting hit with the light from the dining room. It is about a 10 minute sketch.
I use the balance ball for my computer chair.
I didn't use a ruler, just drew.














This horse was drawn upside down. You copy a picture in the workbook upside down. It helps you from naming the items that you are drawing. If you just follow the shapes and not worry about the actual item you are drawing you tend to have better results. Your brain will lie to you and try to change stuff, while your eyes, they seem know better what is going on.


Here is how it looked as I drew it.



3 comments:

  1. Awesome job! 10 minutes - sheesh! Awesome. It would of taken me 10 days and 10 jumbo erasers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all i can say is wow, it's a great study - I would have needed more than 10 minutes to compose myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip! I enjoy your sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!