Friday, February 13, 2009

Altered Art Fridays


Over at Art Creations Fridays they have a beautiful painting to use as a background for your altered art creation. I printed out the background on a letter sized background. I added the mermaid and covered her with stickles. I then used my Quickutz Hibiscus flower and tree dies to create some underwater imagery. I covered the whole piece with some crinkly holographic clear ribbon to really emphasize that it was under the water.
Click on this one to enlarge it, so that you can see the close up of the ribbon!!!

14 comments:

  1. beautiful card !!!
    .
    thanks for this lovely entry to ACF
    .
    Happy day to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, this background made me think of mermaids too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh really arty Kristen... you come up with some fabulous ideas my friend. Love all the krinkly material and I adore mermaids... almost as much as fairies...lol oh and bling but you didn't know that did ya :D
    hugs
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen..this is gorgeous! I love how you put this together and the crinkly material is perfect! The background made me think of water, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Kristen, I AM impressed! I'm so glad you mentioned enlarging since sometimes I don't think of doing that. But seeing it huge, I can really appreciate the crinkly ribbon better. This is fantastic. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...you definitely NEED to look at the close-up! It's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Love what you have done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This definitely caught my eye, such beautiful shades of colors and they blend so well together!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!