Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A bookmark, that is just what I needed!


Creative Belli Blog has a challenge today that is just what I needed! Just what my Dad needed too. Every year, his church does a reading of John 3:16 in all the different languages that people can speak at church. He speaks Finnish, so he always does the Finnish translation. And every year I print out the verse, and apparently every year he loses the slip of paper I send him.
This year I was thinking, how could I make the verse less "losable"! Then, it hit me...with today's challenge. Put it on a book marker! He can keep it in the Bible, next to the picture of his Mom that has been in there since he went into the Air Force back around 1950.
I stamped the crosses after I printed the text in blue. (My spellchecker highlighted EVERY word). I matted the text multiple times on Basic Grey paper and attached the ribbon and the Cross Hardware before matting the last layer. I hope he likes it.

8 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC! he is going to really cherish this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet he'll love it,, and hopefully not lose it :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super GREAT idea to print his verse on the bookmark! Beautiful job with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a great idea for your dad! Yep, that's perfect for keeping a scripture handy!! Love your bookmark and so glad you played along in the Belli challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how very elegant and yet masculine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever idea!! Im sure he will cherish it!!! Awesome job with this challenge and thanks for playing in the belli challenge this week!!!

    Danita

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Scripture - beautiful bookmark! Thank you for playing along in the Belli Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!