Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A card for my Father...
















Here is a card using the sketch at IC Sketches. I like the torn paper element.
I used the Quickutz die cut Rocket (an oldie, but useful today). The picture is of my Dad, when he was in the Air Force during the Korean War. He was Staff Sargent at SAC. (Strategic Air Command). This will make a great Father's day card, Veteran's day card, Birthday card for him. I find cards for men harder to make so I will definitely have to store this one for his next special occasion.
After making this card, I went to Sketches by Tamara and this card totally fit. I don't usually double up on challenges, but it certainly fits, I distressed the edges, have the metal brads and a male theme.

15 comments:

  1. Oh Kristen what an amazing card hun!! Your Dad was a really handsome man when he was in the forces too.
    I'm sure he is gonna love your card and treasure it :D
    I struggle with men's cards too but we get there in the end don't we.
    Fab take on the sketch... better get started on mine...quick :D
    hugs
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men's cards are always a struggle for me too! I think part of it is because they don't offer a lot for them stamp wise. He sure will love this and glad you played along at ICS

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a handsome picture. Great idea. Guys need great cards same as gals. Beautiful work. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. precious photo and awesome card using the sketch! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card and a great keepsake!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card!!
    I love that you added a picture of your dad!! He will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card. Your dad will be delighted with it and treasure it.

    Thanks for joining us at ICS this week.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely amazing card and such a great use of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH what a lovely masculine card! I ♥ the photo you used as part of elements you put together for this card. Great job well done and thank you for joining in at ICS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you did a terrific job on this card! I may have to lift the idea for my own daddy for father's day this year! Fabu job with the sketch! I am glad you played along! Have a terrific weeK!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing card! Love it!
    Thanks for joining us at ICS this week. ~Olena~

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card for your Dad! He will love it, Kristen. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is `Gorgeous`Your Father will love it!!!
    `Thankyou` for joining in with I-C-S this week..
    Have a lovely Evening:)♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Kristen, such a Stunning take on the sketch and I just love the colours and beautiful use of your dad's picture, thanks for joining us this week, Happy ♥ HuGs Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!