Monday, March 23, 2009

She took off her shoes



Soartful has a wonderful challenge of text and color. Here is a poem I wrote, and the illustration to go along with it that I drew.
The new challenge is dolls, but this one is for Saturday.










She sat in the porcelain tub
Hot water surrounded her
Bubble tickled her toes
And elbows
Then
He came in
Mammoth
Standing in the doorway of the
Bathroom he prepared and
Cleaned for her
In the dirty decrepit house
“I’m Scared”, said she
As she looked at his naked
Manliness
“Don’t be”, said he
“I would never hurt you”
But he did
As he took her on a ratty old
Blanket
“But I was not ready”, said she
And he said
“You were naked in my house, in my eyes, you were prepared”.
But if she would have known
How it would have been
She would
Never
Have
Taken off her shoes

4 comments:

  1. This is another AMAZING piece ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow oh wow Im speechless...just speechless!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thanks for joining in on this one Kristen :) Your work is always welcome and this one is truly gorgeous !!! I love the fun element and the painting is fantastic ... what colour !!! its fab
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..this is amazing, Kristen! The drawing is wonderful, and so perfect for your poem! Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!