Friday, March 6, 2009

Turning Lemonade into Coffee with Scissors???


Card Sketch A Day has this sketch posted today. Here is my take on the sketch.
I used the lemonade glass die from Quickutz to make coffee to go cups. I cut out the lemonade glass from white paper, then I cut it out again from my background paper, then trimmed the top and bottom of and attached it to the white glass (tan or Kraft paper would be great too!). I then inked the edges (of course), and hand drew the steam squiggles. The sentiment is from A Muse.

5 comments:

  1. Really cute card.

    Love the colors and the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My FIL is Finn and the family name was originally Lahdesmaki and shortened to Maki.

    Did you know that people with the last name "Hill" are also Makis if they are of Finn descent? It's the anglicized version.

    Do you get invitations to Japanese societies? We do all the time. No one ever thinks we're Finn. LOL.

    Thanks for popping by my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, great colours and you used butterflies too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha...very cute!!! I need a latte right about now...I am baking a cake for my Dad's birthday tomorrow!!! and taking a break before I ice it and finish it....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!