Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A cold night for baseball, but a great day for cards!!!

We went to the Sox Game last night and it was in the 30s for temperature.  My knees were so cold still this morning, I did all my blog searching from my bed.  The Sox Lost, boo-hoo!  But a cool day is a great day for huge card production.  What a fun day I had too!!!

The theme is Good Enough to Eat
"Make a Wish"
I used Lisa's altered art for the little girl and the cupcake.  
Core'dinations Flower Power Paper
K & Company Urban Rhapsody Paper
Stickles Golden Rod dots the top of the candle on that cupcake.
I used Color Box Chestnut Roan for the inking.


WHAT???
Every time I talk to my brother he screams this sentiment at me.  He doesn't hear well and instead of listening, he just screams WHAT, WHAT, WHAT?  He does it before one can even finish the sentence.  It is more like, you interrupted me watching the 30 repeat of Cops, so WHAT!!!???  It is a typical brotherly thing to do, and since I could not convey WHAT screamed on a card.  I thought I would do a friendly take on the challenge.  Like What? Talking Peanuts??

The theme is What?!
The image is Stampin' Up! That's Funny.
The What? is Provo Craft Roll Sticker Alphabets
The Bubble is Color Bok Lucky You

Mother
I used Basic Grey Figgy Pudding Alpha Stickers and Basic Grey Paper
Core'dinations Flower Power Paper
Cuttlebug's Argyle Embossing Folder
The sentiments are stickers from DCWV
The stamped images are Stampin' Up! Garden Whimsy
The inks are also from Stampin' Up! and are Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou, and Purely Pomegranate.
I lost the detail in my ruby slippers for ATC Wednesday's Home Challenge.
There truly is no place like home.  I drew the home picture with help from a picture of a stamp from A Muse, added a different kind of tree, no flowers and some clouds.  
The shoes are quickutz, cut out of Pink Glittery Vinyl
I then stamped Hero Arts alphabet stamps with Staz on.
Too Many Candles??? 
Their Theme today is ORANGE!
I love orange.  It is in my top 5 favorite colors!
The image is Stampin' Up! That's Funny.
The Paper is Ambrosia from Basic Grey
I used my Quickutz Grass die and cut out the 3 layers of "Flames" with it.  All I can think of is Burning down the house by the Talking Heads now!
I distressed with my little Tim Holtz Distress tool
Then inked with Burnt Sienna Color Box Chalk ink.
A new challenge blog, courtesy of the talented Frankie!
I was so sad when Tag your it Friday's quit doing their blog, so I am so Happy that Frankie picked this up.  Great coincidence!
The theme is Tide and Time.
I used my Cuttlebug embossing swirls folder for the waves.
A variety of Jesse James change your buttons were used.
Some oceanic clip art
And a drink umbrella.
And last, but certainly not least a two-fer.
This is for Belli Challenge and ABC blog
Belli's challenge was to use big brads or big eyelets.  I used the biggest ones I had in the upper right hand corner.
ABC's list was 6 brads, 3 flowers, 1 ribbon.
The large brads are Basic Grey Wassail
The paper is Basic Grey Sugared, and Core'dinations Flower Power
The sentiment is Stampin' Up! Happy Heart Day
I used Lisa's Altered Art for the little girl on this one too!
The ribbon is Stampin' Up! Grosgrain pink
There are 3 mini button brads
One of the flowers was light blue and didn't match I used my Copic YG03 Green Marker to color the flower and make it match the card.  The ink is alcohol, so it soaked right into the fabric flower!

34 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been busy!! The cards are great and I love the little girl sitting on her cake! Thanks for joining in our TS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have been busy! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABulous cards Kristen!!!!!! You have been super busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Kristen, you have had a great day for cards, they are all so beautiful, I love the peanut "What" card that is so funny.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good grief have you been busy!! These creations are all fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kristen

    Good grief you have been a busy crafty bee.
    Wonderful card and I love your image

    Thanks for joining us this week on TS

    DAwn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geez Kristen you have been busy indeed. You did a great job on the challenge and I know just what you mean about brothers and 'WHAT' lol
    Regards
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - it was a good day for cards!
    Fab work!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness me! how many cards in one day! Thanks for joining in the fun of the ABC challenge this week! good luck! Samantha :0)(Guest Designer)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards - your have been productive. Love your take on the sketch at TS...fabulous colours and papers and I just love that image.
    Thanks for joining us.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You made a lot of card! They are all fabulous!
    Thanks for taking the TS challenge with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The lil' girls on cupcakes are just ADORABLE!! I love that..I should get some for card making..they look fantastic on cards as well. I like your cards and inking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WHAT WHAT??? what did you expect but great compliments on your busy day.. Fantastic job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ALL are supper!!! the peanuts are so cute!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. fabulous cards, i love the What!!!, although I interpret it to say What are you nuts, what can I say sarcasm is something I enjoy.

    Your cards are just wonderful, thanks for sharing all of them

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful cards. Love the Birthday one with all the fire. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super tag, Kristen! SUCH an unusual take. By the way, it was no coincidence!! I wanted to do a challenge with a shape theme, and the TYI going was the perfect time!! Thanks so much for playing
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Tag is a breath of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow you re a busy girl. So many wonderful and gorgeius cards. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow! i loved being able to see so many cards in one post!! thanks for joining us at cuttlebug challenge - i esp. loved the ribbon and bows on the right! hope to see you at the spa event!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, Kristen, how productive have you been?!?! Great cards, all of them, but especially your Mother's day card for our challenge #29! What a sweet sentiment and I love the beautiful soft muted colours! Thanks for joining us this week at www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
    Hugs Mrs Jx

    ReplyDelete
  22. You sure have been busy. I just love the wish card and the tag you made has such texture. Wow!

    Don't you just love that Urban Rhapsody paper? I used almost ever bit of the whole stack.

    Take Care,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cards Kristen, you have been busy
    maz

    ReplyDelete
  24. w.o.w. this post really packs a punch! Such great cards for these challenges! Love them all! (especially those fab peanut guys... i love them!)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a cute card Kristen!!! All of your cards are great!!! The image of the girl on her cupcake is soooo cute!!! Awesome job and thanks for playing in the TS challenge!!!

    Danita

    ReplyDelete
  26. I don't know how you do it - but you're always making these amazing cards! The peanuts make me giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great cards! thanks for playing with us in the Belli Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! You have been busy! These are all fabulous cards, I love the little peanuts! Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge!
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you for joining this challenge at the Cuttlebug Challenge BlogI absolutely love your card and your stamp choice.
    Meda

    ReplyDelete
  30. i luv what you did with the card.
    you will be featured on Thursday at http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
    Don't forget to enter this challenge Wedding.
    Thank you,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW Kristen! You sure have been busy! All such FABULOUSS cards! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a beautiful Belli card! Love those gorgeous brads - they compliment your card images so nicely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!