Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Darkside Challenge...Mannequin

Duck and cover won''t prevent the Leukemia that came from the Nuke Testing in Nevada. How many were infected? We'll never know. I made this ATC, the text says Mannequins before the blast. I was going to do one after, but they weren't available for pictures after the blast went off. They were annihilated!!! I then burned the edge of the ATC, now it smells like a pyromaniac lives in my house. I stamped the Duck and Cover with Versa Mark and heat embossed with Red Tinsel embossing powder. I had to wet the paper to put out the fire...This DCWV paper burns real well. I like the effect that wetting the image gave, it smudged it around the edges slightly. I had to light candles to get the fire smell out of my house. What we do for art...

3 comments:

  1. Lol Kristen i am laughing at you with trying to burn the house down hehe. Have you ever tried lemon juice burning on your work ? I find that works well and doesnt smell as bad.
    Great idea for darkside challenge and as alway you use your imagination t great effect
    Love it
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Kristen...what we do for art is right! Wonderful idea...very out of the box! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh..great image for this challenge, Kristen! I love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!