Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Day 39 at 365 cards Wacky Color Combos

The wacky color combo chosen for today's challenge at 365 Cards is Purple, Orange, and Green. I love these 3 colors together. These are my go-tos for Halloween. I never thought of using them for spring. They are gorgeous together.
I used Nana's paper from DCWV and cut out the flowers and the strip of flowers. The sticker with it's Orange text is also DCWV, and the background paper had blue in it, but I highlighted it with green marker to go with today's theme. I distress the edge of the background paper and applied dew drop Sage Green ink to the edge and attached it all to a lime green card!

14 comments:

  1. The 3 colours certainly do go well together! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just darling! You nailed the challenge and I just love the saying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! I see now that the three colors we were given today can work together :-) you have done an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin' your take on the color challenge..great fun & festive card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, and a clever idea to highlight the blue areas with green ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card, and I hadn't thought of the holloween conection with the colours, interesting. great idea on the distressing, so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your take on the challenge! Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun card, it put a smile on my face!

    ~~XOXO~~
    Karen Lee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you have married these colours together, very pretty
    maz

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first thought I had was "Halloween" too! LOL I love this card and I have that paper so I may be CASEing this baby! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - Beautiful card - love all of your pp.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the flowers. Pretty card. Love the saying too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful job with todays challenge! love the papers you chose!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!