Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy Thursday another Sunny, Easy, Breezy Day!

Legacy of Love
The "Edgy" theme is from Cute Card Thursday (sand it, tear it, ink your edges).
The paper is Somerset Artist's Papers
The ribbon is DCWV Uptown
The fibers are Adornaments
The ink is Chocolate Roan from Color Box Fluid Chalk
Hang On!

The paper is Basic Grey Ambrosia
I used my Big Bite and attached an eyelet to hang the rope through and tied a knot at the end for one to hang on to,
The flowers are a from a lei I got on my birthday a few years ago.  I just cut the string and "un-threaded" the flowers.
The owl is on of Quickutz many owls for the Revolution.
The bubble words is a sticker from Lucky You, and I used Hero Arts Alphabet stamps to have that owl saying Hang On!
The fortune is also from Lucky You.
I inked with my Color box Ochre and Burnt Orange colors.
Butterfly Ambrosia
The twist is to take the sketch and add some ribbon to it.
I used Basic Grey Ambrosia, AGAIN!
The ribbon is Martha Stewart.
The sticker sentiment is from K & Company.
I popped one of the butterflies for the circle image.
The butterfly is Stampin' Up! Merci, and I step down stamped here and there around the card.
Did some doodling on the card stock with a brown marker.
Hope you enjoy!

I have to make my card for card club on Sunday, I will have to post it later.  I have to make 9 of them.  It is a fun Die-Cut group.  We each get the same die every month, and then make 9 all the same cards.  1 we keep, the rest we share, and we get 8 cards from the other club members in return.  It started at Quickutz only, but we have been getting some Boss Kuts too, and now it is more of a die cut club.  I want to go and find something unique to knock their socks off and wow their pants off.  Maybe not, I don't think we want nudist card club!!!


27 comments:

  1. All 3 are gorgeous but i am totally in love with your owl now ... i shall blame you when i cant eat for being lovesick lol. Beautiful work from you as always my friend
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three beautiful cards, the first one looks so different for you! Love all the soft colours.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! totally fab, love the owl. Thanks for joining us at Charisma cards!

    Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful, beautiful, and oh yea, beautiful, your cards are amazing, and I really like that BG ambrosa paper, very fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful cards Kristen, really lovely - the one with the three little dogs is so cute, I love it !! I also like how you are making different style cards, clever you !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your cards are beautiful, but I have to admit that I'm partial to your card for the Shirley's 2 Girls Twisted Thursday sketch. Love that Ambrosia paper - some of my fave!! Thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all fab...totally lovin' that owlie card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are all so very pretty! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards, stunning colours!

    Thank you so much for joining in the CCT challenge, Debx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for trying my sketch, you've done a fabby job.

    Claire
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome collection of cards. Love the colors and DP and the fab quilted look. Thanks so much for playing the Twisted Thursday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of your cards are absolutely beautiful!!!! Fabulous job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super artwork love your style.

    Brenda x

    ReplyDelete
  14. All 3 of your cards are gorgeous, but have to say I love the owl. Thanks for joining us this week at Chrisma Cardz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards!! Thanks for playing along!!
    -t

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful blog site and such pretty cards

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful blog site and what beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kristen! WOW! Love your work, especially the great mix of colors and patterns you use. Your style is fabulous! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card, love that owl and the papers are jusy delish. Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma.
    Lyndsey xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yummy papers and fab owl.Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  21. Holy Wowsers these are some amazing creations and that owl card is awe inspiring! BR-T

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutey gorgeous creations!
    Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz Challenge - good luck!
    Leanne :o)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh how CUTE, I adore the owl!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great blog and I love what you did with the Twisted Thursday Sketch. Thank you for coming out to play with the Ladies with Attitude. Good Luck and I hope you will play again this week too?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful Creations. Thanks for joining us this week at Chrisma Cardz.....

    Hugs
    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on winning the Beary Box challenge this week. gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  27. gorgeous card!! and congrats for winning at Bearybox!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!