Friday, April 17, 2009

I triple dog dare you to make a boy card!

The dare at Daring Card Makers is to make a boy card.  And at Diana Evan's blog (on Wednesday) she had a challenge to do something with cats or dogs.  Here is my take on those challenges.  The paper is Basic Grey Archaic.  I then cut some of the rock shapes out of the paper and popped some off the card.  I stamped Happy Birthday on the background numerous times in a random pattern.  The dog, and boy's sweatshirt are cut out of flocked paper.  Both the dog and the boy are Quickutz Exclusive to Scrapyland Build and Animal.  The baseball hat is the arm cut out of blue paper.  The boys components are those used to make any of the animals, then I just drew their faces on.  There are eyes included with the die, but I liked drawing my own for the boy, then just followed suit with the dog to keep some unity throughout.  The sun die is Boss Kut.  The stickers are K and Company.
Happy Friday Everyone!!!  I am so glad the weekend is here, we are going to one of my most favorite restaurants this weekend.  (Tuscany in Oakbrook).  I think I am going to order pear, mascarpone ravioli, it is sooooo yummy. 

7 comments:

  1. Oooh.... so cute!!! Lovely card!!

    Greetings,
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute paperpiecing's! I used to love to do paper piecing's..I made a tearbear once. They are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Kirsten - sounds like you had a lot of fun and games putting all the bits together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever to use the boy to make a dog (as it were) great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always have trouble making cards for the opposite sex to Kristen but you’ve done a great job.

    The colours are great and how fab are those dies…………can’t say I’ve seen those before.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!