Sunday, April 5, 2009

Not a Card...

It's not a card! 2 Red Bananas challenge today is to make something that is not a card. Here is a perpetual calendar. It is an S.E.I. Album. The cover is decorated, and then each page is a different month of the calendar year. I put the year of the event after the name of the person, so I know how old they are going to be. And every year, I have my birthday, and anniversary list all ready to go. No one's special day gets forgotten once they are in the book.
Here is a close up of the month banners. I used Quickutz calendar Shortcutz words for each of the headers, and for the names on the dates I used Metro Mini Uni case Alphabet.


The bottom of each page and up the side bar have stickers that coordinate with the month.


Here is a full view of what a month looks like. Excuse the glare, please.



And here is the full cover. The paper throughout it DCWV and the grass and mail box are Quickutz as well.
The idea was from my friend Deb S. in my Quicutz Club. She has great ideas and classes. If you live in the northern Illinois, Southern Wisconsin area, and would like to take a Quickutz class...let me know and I can tell you Deb's schedule.



6 comments:

  1. Kristen, Thank you so much for your KIND comments on my blog! I love your cards and I check in all the time! ♥ Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, this is SO wonderful! It's very practical, but oh so cute! I love the way you decorated it. Fabulous fonts and fun embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gret way to remember birthdays. I love the quickutz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute perpetual calendar. I love all your details that you added. Fun quickutz dies too :) Thanks for playing along in our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea, and it's so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!