Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A quilt pattern for a card...


Here is a card made using a quilt pattern. The sketch came from 365 Cards. Here is my take on the idea. I think of dreaming when I think of quilts. I love wrapping up in the one my mother made me. It just feels like home. I attached the cherub, spool, and pin buttons with glue dots...They are from Jesse James change your buttons. The ribbon is Martha Stewart. The paper is Basic Grey. I think this would also make a great shower card with the right colors, for a baby or a new home!!!

14 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!!! I wish I had that kind of talent (I am just not good at mixing papers and having them look like that!)

    Talent at it's best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours you have used for this card
    maz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally in agreement with Brenda, beautiful card and I am like her with mixing papers.
    Fantastic card and love the colour combination and total design of your card.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the visit. Love this card. It's always so nice to use quilting skills for more than quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - I love this! It's like a collage and it's just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative take on the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful! I love the size of stitching you did. adds a lot of detail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful job on today's challenge! Great colors!


    ~~XOXO~~
    Karen Lee

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just beautiful! i love the papers you used and your overall layout - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job...love it...great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also love how you identify each item you used, this helps me to understand how to recreate something similar. Since I'm not a card maker, this is very helpful. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This ROCKS! just awesome - so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. Love the big stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful work!! Lovely details!!

    Sweet dreams :) !

    Greetings,
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!