Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Simple Card, and a Fun Tip...



















Today at 365 Cards a wonderful challenge was presented. Only use 1/3 of your card surface and leave the rest blank.
I know some people who would have a heck of a time leaving off tons of bling and embellishments.
This card let me try a new technique I learned this week from Susan "Live on the Air" at Scrapyland! She took a card, used a die to cut out an image from the card, and then used dry adhesive around the border on the inside. The best part of the project??? You can use up all the snippets of ribbon that EVERYONE has laying around the house. Then line the inside cover of your card with a piece of card stock to fit to cover your ribbon scrap edges and to make the card more sturdy. Susan had used the large nesting shapes. She had a card with the large egg, the large star, and the large heart. I thought I would do a small egg, to keep with the challenge. The possibilities are endless!

12 comments:

  1. Fab card - love the colour. Great tip - I will have to remember that one and give it a go.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for this challenge! Clean, simple, but yet very elegant! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just luv it !!! Elegant colours and style !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely and elegant card I love your color choice.

    Debbie Stelton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it just goes to show that a card doesn't have to be over the top and fussy (like most of mine...lol) to look stunning.
    I love this pretty look Kristen... what a fab card :D
    hugs
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the challenge! Love the ribbon ides - You know I am all about ribbons! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the card and your blog is so pretty and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card! Great way to stay simple yet add alot to your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very lovely card! And i wanted to say I just dig your blog banner! I am in awe every time I visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific job on todays challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool card! I like this technique. May give it a try cause I got tons of ribbon scraps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!