Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A sunny day and a bunch of cards...

This is my personal favorite of the day.  What a pear (or pair, because I made this an anniversary card on the inside).  
What a Pear 
I used yellow card stock
Basic Grey Offbeat
Fiskars' printed vellum "Leaves"
Versa Magic inkers in Red Magic, and Sage
Color Box Inker in Chestnut Roan
The ribbon is Martha Stewart

Here are 2 cards for K is for Keep it Simple at the ABC Challenge Blog.
The stamped images are both from Stampin' Up!
The paper on the cross card is Basic Grey Granola
The paper on the heart card is Basic Grey Urban Prairie
I used Wild Wasabi ink from Stampin' Up! to ink the cross image, and Purely Pomegranate to ink the hearts.
This ribbon is again Martha Stewart
The circle die cut is the bottom of the snowman from Snow days (I just like the size of this circle).
It was fun keeping it simple today, so I made a couple cards.  These would make a great set to send as a gift to a friend.
This is my take on a "Home" Challenge for Cuttlebugs.  Our home is in the city, so no white picket fence to paint here, thank God!!!
The background paper is a sheet I can't give credit for.
The other patterned paper is Basic Grey Granola.
The image is Cuttlebug embossing folder.
The sticker is K & Company that I stamped the individual letters together to make the word home.
I cut the circle out of the layered paper and put the embossed image behind the cut circle.
Happy Earth Day!  Here is a natural card for Earth Day and it is being celebrated by the Wednesday Stamper.
It has cork on it, from Quickutz.  It's sticky backed and I really love it.
The stamp image is Stampin' Up! Merci.
The card was spritzed with Walnut Ink spray from Tsukinek
The fibers are from Adornaments
The layer of "Fern" paper is from Fiskars printed Vellum.
I also used a few Copics to color with on the image.  YG63, YG03, C1.  I have to get some more of these.  
And finally for the Belli Challenge blog...
These dogs are also from Cuttlebugs.  I just repeated the dog across the bottom of the card, and inked him with Color Box Chestnut Roan Fluid Chalk.
I then tied little bows on their necks with ribbon from Martha Stewart.
And then used the Quickutz paw print to make some fun embellishments to attach to the card for interest.
The sentiment is from DCWV.

I hope you enjoyed all the cards today.  I know I enjoyed making them.  Now I have to get outside and enjoy some sun.  It's the first sun since August!!!  (Just kidding, but it sure can feel like that sometimes.)

24 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Kristen, you've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely cards and your CB home card is fab
    Thanks for joining us this week
    Cuttlehugs
    Allisonx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards!! Thanks so much for joining us on the cuttlebug challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! I couldn't pic a fav!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your cards. My fav has got to be the Pear/Pair card. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards....thanks so much for playing with us at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You've been busy! Love your fruity card--so perfect for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...you've been busy!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My, you've been busy. I love these cards, particularly the pears, which have been coloured beautifully!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job

    Thanks for joining us this week on ABC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your cards!!..perfect 'city' card!!..Thank you for taking the challenge at cuttlebugchallenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of your cards are beautiful, Kristen.
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  13. love all your cards, wow!

    thank you for the beautiful inspiration @ www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. They;re all fab Kirsten - I never knew there were soooo many challenges about - I don't know how you manage to do so much.

    I tried to pick the one I liked best from this batch - but I couldn't - they're all lovely, and so different from each other

    ReplyDelete
  15. great pear card, I really love what you did with it, very pretty, and of course all the other cards are great, also

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow you have been busy, great cards all of them
    maz

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many beautiful cards Kristen, how creative have you been ?! Love your city home card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/
    Hugs Mrs Jx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, so many cards...and they are all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your cards are amazing to say the least! I would love to see your take on an Unscripted Sketch, hope you can stop by tomorrow for a new sketch! Beth aka BR-T

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab cards!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute cards! Thanks for playing the Belli Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have been busy! Love all of your projects, but your puppy card is so sweet and CUTE! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! Those are lots of cards!
    Thank you for joining this challenge at the Cuttlebug Challenge BlogYour card will be featured on tomorrow's post.
    Meda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!