Sunday, May 3, 2009

Dinner is marinating, mother's day shopping done, a beautiful day.

The most I can do for my Friend is simply be his friend.

This card is for Card Positioning Systems, and their lovely sketch for a fine Sunday afternoon.
The color scheme is monochromatic and I used a citrusy green.  2 Red Bananas had the challenge of monochromatic today.
The Gems are Making Memories
The paper is Core'dinations Black Magic and Urban Rhapsody from K and Company
I used Quickutz embossing swirls and sanded the black off to show the yellowy-green inside of the paper.
I used Lime Green stickles to give a green hue to the black paper
Then distressed with my Tim Holtz distress tool
Everything that didn't look green enough got a once over with my Copic YG03 marker.
How ya Bean?

This is for a Sketch at Crafts 4 Eternity
The paper is Basic Grey Archaic
The coffee cup stamp is Stampin' Up! Pun Fun and the saying is A-Muse
The ribbon is DCWV uptown.
I inked with Versa Magic Midnight Black around everything as well.
This was a fun card to make!!!
And use butterflies challenge at Ann's Creative Nook
The saying is Best Occasions Vellum sayings
I used my Crop a Dile II Big Bite to put in all the eyelets
The Velvet cording is from Adornaments
The Butterfly is Quickutz, and the yellow orange/yellow part is flocked paper!
I then inked with Burnt Sienna Color Box Chalk.

Your mother wheres combat boots...(if only)

Design Originals is where I got the ephemera
The sticker letters are K & Company
The sentiment is stamped one letter at a time with Hero Arts Alphabet stamps.
I used Xmas Red and Golden Rod Stickles to glitz up our mom of the hour~
And Fiskar's Corner edger scissors for the photo corners
This is a 3 for 1
His Holy Name (Redeemer)

I used Core'dinations Black magic and doodled the border free hand with a gold gel pen
I sanded away the black for the orange inside to show through for the stamped word Redeemer.
The border is Basic Grey Ambrosia
The He has Risen Stamp is Heat embossed with Gold Embossing powder and the stamp is from Art Impressions Stamps
The Angel at the Grave is Hand Drawn by me, and the passage referenced in the corner is:
"Do not be afraid; I know that you are looking for Jesus who was crucified.  He is not here; for he has been raised as he said."

26 comments:

  1. You sure are one busy, busy little card maker!!! I love the laces on today's challenge card!!!

    hugs, Karen Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW you have been busy!! All are fantastic :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness you have been busy! Love the rich depth of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow how do you do it girl? Loving your cards, especially How ya Bean!! Thanks for joining us this week at C4E, just love getting a peep at your work.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards. You are always so creative. The Mother's Day card is hilarious. Love it.
    Thanks for joining us at Opus Gluei. Your take on this weeks challenge is perfect for us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Kristen, you have been exta busy today. I love all of your cards they are just beautiful.
    Hugs
    fi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You've been a busy girl! Great set of cards--I'm really loving all the sentiments you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are one talented chick. For grins and giggles, check out my current post, I used your clay to create it. Thanks again, you rock! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been a busy gal!!! Love all your cards! Great job on today's sunday sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you have had a busy day! Your cards are gorgeous!! I love all the gold embossing - fantastic look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I thought I had been busy but not as busy as you, I love all the cards you have made especially the 365 one
    Maz

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your eclectic style. All your creations are unique and wonderful. he "how you bean" sentiment gave me a chuckle :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your mono card is great. Love all the details you put into it. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love what you did for the 365 sketch. just brilliant work on the threading. SO fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG - you sure do get a lot of stuff done. I'm lucky to post one thing at a time. I love all of your cards, they're very creative. Thanks for playing in 2RB's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. fab cards!! thanks for joining in with the c4e challenge hugs mx

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow lots of creations here..you have a very unique style its nice to see something different

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great cards, Kristen.

    I love the coffee one the best. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great cards! I love how you used the Black Magic paper on your monochromatic card. Thanks for playing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. so fun! i love green too! thanks for joining in at 2RB

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for playing with us at C4E for the sketch this week. I really like the card with the BG paper and the coffee cup. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I always love your cards but I have to admit your Opus-Gluei submittal is pretty darn funny. I don't often laugh out loud but that made me crack up.

    So glad you came over and participated!

    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, sooooooooooo many cards how do you do it??? Thanks for playing along this week at C4E, love the Bean sentiment.

    Hugs
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! Fabulous cards Kristen - I love them all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!