Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A few cards and off to get a manicure...The first one of spring!

Untold Stories


I used Basic Grey Arhaic Paper
and Urban Rhapsody from K & Company
Then I attached the dragonfly charm, some hardware, some raffia, and another texture would be the cork layers.  Some of the layers are popped off the page.  So definitely some texture going on here!
This Card is for Caarvarks "Don't Quote Me" Challenge

The ribbon is Martha Stewart
The quote is on vellum from Best Occasions and is layered over Garden Whimsy stamped paper using Stampin' up! products on white card stock.
The background layer is Basic Grey Urban Prairie
And the card is made from Core'dinations
Anything but a Card! for My time to Craft.  

I really can craft all night.  After my manicure and pedicure I am going to have a creative evening.  My husband will be in Atlanta for work and won't be home until late tomorrow night.  It's just me and my 4 legged girl friend Maya!  We are talking cheese pizza and chocolate and Jamba Juice!!!  
I used  Lisa's Altered Art on this
Urban Prairie from Basic Grey and Urban Rhapsody from K & Company.
The Sentiment and Ribbon are DCWV
Created by Hand, make something for Mother.

Queen for the day (and then back to the ironing, cooking, dishes, and picking up after the men you live with if you trained them to be slobs!)  I don't have kids, and luckily my husband picks up after himself!   So, I am queen everyday, LOL!
This is an ATC
I used Quickutz Heart with Border die cut
Best Occasions vellum quote matted on Urban Prairie Paper from Basic Grey
Lots of Stickles...Magenta, Candy Cane, and Lime Green.

See you later, alligators!!!


14 comments:

  1. I just love that card - It would make a great journal cover too - just stunning! enjoy your manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All look very touchy feely to me, just gorgeous works of art again. Enjoy the manicure.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristen, thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. Well, you are way ahead of me on the card-making stakes, your beautiful black/grey + pink BG card is days back!! So I'll comment on these newest ones!! I particularly love the first one, great sentiment and it's got a really earthy feel to it.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool quote card ... love all of the textural details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LUCKY..I've never had a manicure!

    Love all the card's with image's..they are such joy to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful as ususal! Well balanced design and lovely decorations!
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards, Kristen. Your Mother's Day card is just perfect for the theme and is so beautiful.'
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow, LOADS of gorgeous collage projects and all of them so cool! wonderful job on the "quotation" card for CAARDVARKS--what a great way to use that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such WONDERFUL projects and cards -- you did a FABULOUS Job!

    I hope you enjoyed your manicure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A manicure sounds so great. I love your card. Looks terrific. I also see you are a Sox fan. I grew up outside of Chicago...Go Cubs..hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such a unique style! Good job with the cardvark challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of lovely things, thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. these all look fab - thank you for joining in MTTC this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful creations! I love what you did for Caardvarks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!