Thursday, May 7, 2009

A few cards before a funeral/family get together.

When I count my blessings, I count you twice.


Snow Cones, Jesse James Change your Buttons
Image, Lisa's Altered Art (as are all the images today including the fish)
Stamp Stampin' Up!
DCWV Papers
Martha Stewart Ribbon

The saying is a Korean Proverb
Paper is DCWV
The ribbon is from Papyrus Card Shop (their ribbon is gorgeous!!!)
This sketch is from Charisma Cardz.  

The paper is from the stash, and I am not sure where it came from!
I think the red paper and red print is Basic Grey, not sure about the rest.
The gems are Kaiser Craft


My Uncle Roger passed away during the winter.  We are going to bury him in the family "hillside" plot this weekend.  (Don't worry he was cremated and waiting for us to put him to rest).  The cemetery where the family is reminds me of "Where the Red Fern Grows".  There is all this Sumac along the hill and around the area.  I know it sounds odd, but I like funerals.  Our family uses the time to get together and see everyone.  I have about 40 cousins, so it is real nice to get to see everyone.  The 8 hours one way in the car, I can live without.  But, it will be nice when we get there.  We were going to stay up part of the week and do some fishing, but we have to get back to Illinois Sunday night now.  My dad will be sad, but that's life in the big city (as he used to say to us when we were disappointed).

Happy Mother's day to all you Mom's out there!  Mam's, Madre's, Mum's, Mamacita's or whatever else you may call yourself.  I wish I had someone to call me Mom, but Grammie is a good substitute, since 2 of my husband's grandchildren call me this!!!  I'll take it.

26 comments:

  1. My,you have been busy! I'm a great fan of Lisa's Altered Art too as you may have realised and I love what you've done with these images.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just crank those cards out like there is no tomorrow. they are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love em! Especially the rainbow fishies..those would be fun to play with! CUTE stuff today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - love your candy card, all of your cards are just beautiful.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  5. great work, lovely cards
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make such original and unusual cards, they are all so gorgeous.

    I would like to ask if you would be so kind as to visit my blog to read the post I have added today, it is for such a special cause.
    Thanks
    Maz
    http://natures-workshop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful, beautiful cards, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards!! Thanks for playing along with the Beary Box team!!!
    -t

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for playin galong!! What a beautiful interpretation you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful set of cards! You are one busy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. busy you have been for sure!! love them all and the snowcones are precious :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ehat brilliant cards love them all, thanks for jpoining us at LOTV this week
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cards. Sorry to hear about your loss, but I am glad to hear you use the time to keep close to your family. Thank you for taking part in our challeng this week at Chrisma Cardz.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week, I love the way you have used my sketch.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pieces are quite sophisticated and whimsical at the same time, I love them! BR-T

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kristen, thanks for the ideas for my candy card, I think I am going to do as you suggested and put the card on a dark orange card stock to "ground it" like you said, thanks for saying that I think you are exactly right, and I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so awesome you deserve another Award, stop by and see BR-T

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous creations !! Very artistic !! :-)

    Thanks for joining the Lili of the Valley Challenge :-)
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  19. You know Kristen, every time I visit your blog I am amazed by your ideas and the variety of your cards. Each one is beautiful --clever lady. Hope this weekend is not too traumatic to you and you have a Happy Nanna's Day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Enjoy your funeral. Happy Mother's Day to you. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  21. your cards are beautiful! thanks for playing along this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, great cards! Lovely works! hugs Nilla

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a beautiful selection of cards, well done. -x-

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fab card Kristen - I particularly like the fishy one (and can think of several people who should have it sent to them!)

    ReplyDelete
  25. love your cards kristin, especially love the background on the fish card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!