Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Getting fit and walking, rain or shine.

Awwww,  this looked way better in person.    I stamped the background and heat embossed it.  The Scarab I hand drew and then decorated with stickles, and mica powders and varnishes and paints.  It is for "Walk Like an Egyptian" for Tag it On over at Frankie's Dragon Dream.  If you like to make tags, you should go over there and check it out.  I like tags because for some reason I try techniques I may not have tried on a card, and sometimes I find something new that will work on a card.
This is a multi-fold card for Truly Scrumptious.  The art is from Lisa's altered art.  The paper is Core'dinations, the words are one of those gifties from the Order of Opus Gluei girls they are from DCWV rub on stack.  Go check out the Opus blog and check me out in my green horns.  AWESOME!!!

I love this card.  Thanks Truly Scrumptious for the inspiration.  Split Coast Stampers has great tutorials on interesting and unique folding projects.
No more frog kissing, I found my prince.  Congrats on finding you perfect match!!!  Engagement card for 365 Cards Day number 88.  Quickutz frog and flower cone, and the inside of the scalloped heart.  The paper is from my stash.  I think the flowers are A Muse.
Thinking of you.  The flowers and hearts are stamped image from Stampin' Up!  The image is more Lisa's Altered Art.  This would make a great card for an older sibling to send a younger one, especially if you are missing each other.  The card is for the Wednesday Stamper.  Their theme today is purple and green.  
This is an ATC for ATC Wednesday.  The them is flowers.  Some of mine are hand drawn doodles, stuck on flower gems, and flower from Got Flowers?  Lots of stickles and some Stampendous stickies!  Hope you had a great day everyone.

My husband and I are starting to walk, and yesterday the rain made us walk inside.  We went to the mall and spent about $200.00, we should just join a gym.  It would be much cheaper

28 comments:

  1. Who wouldn't love that frog card, so cute and clever, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have added some beautiful creations since my last visit Kristen, I do love the little frog card, so cute :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! These are very lovely dear!! :) The second card with the folds is awesome!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I love your fold card and look at that wee image - so cute


    Thanks for joining us on TS

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the award, it is posted

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each card different, each card is beautiful Kristen. You do amazing work girl.
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. FAB bunch of cards Kristen...love the frog kissing one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, Kristen, your scarab is fantastic and thanks for your strong vote of confidence for my challenge blog - much appreciated from you
    Thanks for playing
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my, I do love the fairy queen..she is a real beauty! I like froggies too. Great cards today

    ReplyDelete
  10. no more frog kissing! LOL that's just too cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow these are all so wonderful and gorgeous. Fantastic artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely creations. Your folded card is fab, thanks for joining in our TS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh Kristen, you've been busy.
    Fabulous cards - love the folds on your TS one. Gorgeous colours and papers and such an adorable image.
    Thanks so much for joining us at TS.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab creations. Your multi-fold card is just right for our challenge at Truly Scrumptious. thanks for joining in.

    hugs Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. All very nice. I usually don't go for fairies but yours certainly is an exception. Funny about the walking. Good for you two. Hope you can keep it up. Take care, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW to your scarab!!!! It looks wonderful, what a clever crafter you are! X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great works. I love the scarab. I knew it was a scarab at first glance. Wish I could draw as well. All the pieces are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great idea making your own Scrab. Fun tag.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome creations! I love the "no more frog kissing" one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your scarab was a great idea. Your other work looks nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So many great things all in one post! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  22. ok, your walking story is so funny! It would probably be cheaper to join the gym. but congrats on getting moving. ITs a tough thing to start (i think!) I love your frog/prince card. so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your tag it has so much texture!
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have been busy!!! Love them all, but especially love the TS card!!! Love that artwork!!! Thanks for playing in the TS challenge!!!

    Danita

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!