Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A new way to make cards from SCS.

This card is for You're so Plaid (You probably think this card is about you) at 365 cards Day 80.
I have plaid ribbon, plaid dress and some plaid paper.
The sketch was from Unscripted Sketches.
I bought some paper doilies today when I bought the stuff for my 10,000 hit candy.  The restaurant we frequent for breakfast serves coffee on these little paper doilies and I always thought they would be fun on cards.  They have cake sized ones too.  I found them in the candy/cake decorating aisle.
Sew What
This is for a new to me Challenge blog called Midnight Madness
If you win in their challenge a $100.00 Stampin' Up! prize is up for grabs.
This card is made with Core'dinations and Basic Grey paper.
The image is Lisa's Altered Art
The ribbon is uptown from DCWV
Here is a card I learned from Split Coast Stampers
It is for Created by hand and the theme is Green and Pink.
The next two pictures show the unique folding.
I actually got the link to the idea from blog hopping today from someone who commented on my blog and I can't find you now (I accidently misplaced your name on a scrap of paper).  So, if it was your blog I commented on that I was going to make one of these, please leave a new comment and I will edit this post to include your name and a link to your blog.  Thank you by the way, what a fun card.


22 comments:

  1. Great job on all your cards! I love the doilie, it makes me think of making valentines in school...now it's just cards at home! Thanks for playing with Unscripted Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and the way it opens/stands. very nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card!! I seen one like this the other day on Chris (Glowbugs) blog. She is a member of the Midnight Madness design team, perhaps you visited her blog and noticed this, this design rocks - can see why it caught your eye, this one sure caught mine - wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, forgot to mention the your Midnight madness is also wonderful, thanks for your submission. Jane MMDT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on all the cards. I almost bought some small doilies today at Walmart. This card inspires me to go back and pick some up!!

    hugs, Karen Lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is "sew" cute!!! You've done a great job woth the MM sketch - hope you continue to be inspired! TFS

    ~Sonya
    http://thepinkpaperpenguin.blogspot.com/
    Designer for Midnight Madness

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog and I am an instant fan - your work is so beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the sketch challenge, good luck to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i always enjoy seeing what you create! all cards are just fantastic :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. adorable cards..love the one's with the 'vintage kid image's'..super cute saying's as well.

    Glad you had a blast in Door Cty..to bad it was so windy! I can imagine with that huge lake (the wind)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful cards!! love them all, the folding card is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. and yet, again, you are amazing, i thought the plaid card was great and then I saw all the others and I can't choose, although the folding card is the bomb. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards! Love the folding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Lord Girl...your posts are always filled with such goodness...lovin' all your creations!!! I keep thinking I want to try the SCS technique {your last card}...yours is oh-so-gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, all of your cards are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us again this week at Unscripted. I can't wait to see what you create for us next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. WWO!! Now this is just gorgeous!! You did such a beautiful job with this card!! I thank you so much for stopping by to visit me!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card. I am going to have to try this sometime. Thanks for playing along with our MMSC challenge. I hope that you will continue to play with us.

    Carolyn, MMDT member
    http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, these are ALL lovely!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm a little speechless and that just doesn't happen. These are exquisit!

    Tommie
    Oh My Gluestick

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kristen, what an adorable card. I LOVE that image..your taste is just wonderful..You really have a natural talent for this. Thank you for playing and good luck my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your work is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

    Sue
    http://mcmahonfive.blogspot.com/
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  22. These cards are all amazing, that crazy opening card is the bomb! BR-T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!