Monday, May 25, 2009

Thanks 365, I made card of the week last week!!!

365 Cards picked my card last week for 1 of 3 cards of the week.  It was AWESOME!!!  If you did not see my mouse and cheese card with matching envelope go down and check it out!!!
This card is for 365 cards Day 86.  It was GRAPE FUN!  I drew these grapes.  The challenge was to have a primarily purple card and include at least 5 circles on it.  Thanks so much, Thanks a bunch.  This was a tough challenge for me, but it definitely has more than 5 circles.
Here is a card that needed to contain 4 eyelets.  Fun Frilled set up this dubious challenge.  Does anyone else have any troubles with their Crop-A-Dile II???  I have trouble lining up eyelets upside down, with the paper upside down.  Any suggestions???  
I used a Studio g stamp for the little asterisk looking image
The girl is Lisa's altered art.
The eyelets are More than Memories
The ribbon is Basic Basic and Stampin Up! Grosgrain.  The paper is DCWV Nana's Stack
The other half of the DCWV sheet of paper made this card for CCEE
A recipe which was to include
2 designer papers (the other one is Urban Prairie from Basic Grey)
1 Brad
Ribbon (optional)
I used a Cuttlebugs Die Cut for this card, I changed the face details though.
And a saying from Deja Views.  
The ribbon is Papyrus.

My entry for the Order of the Opus Gluei is a poem.
We were supposed to use colors we would normally shy away from.  I am not shy of colors.  I didn't know what colors I would not use.  I know what colors I don't like though, and I don't have any paper or supplies that contain my non favorite colors.  Maybe in a stack, I should have dug.  But here is my literary submission.

i love all the colors
each and every one
except the orangey hue my brown hair gets while sitting in the sun
i love ever color
all across the land
except for shirts, or shoes or pants, in any shade of tan
each and every color
can make me sing a tune
except i really, really hat that awful one maroon
of all the colors in the world 
there's not one i'd shy away
except a gloomy, dreary, dark shade of muddy grey
the thing is with color
is there are a few i do not like
but when they're mixed with others my hatred takes a hike.

kristen anne, may 25, 2009.  (colors i hate)

17 comments:

  1. That is a great poem! Love it! Oh, you so get our challenge blog!

    By the way, love your cards too. The purple just catches my eye and then I see the cats - love it too! You blow me away with how you use papers I have that just perplex me and you do so and make them look good. I have to start taking note of this and learn! Can't wait to award you your greenhorns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzer girl!! You've been a busy bee!! I just love these cards!! The circle ones are my fav!! Very cool!! :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been so busy!!! Your projects just make me smile - they all ROCK!!! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! Great stuff you have here!! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, Kristen, I love the way you used the circles in the "grape" card, and the grapes you drew are wonderful. Everything is wonderful that you are doing, keep it up and thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards Kristen. Love what you did for the challenge for 365. Nice work.
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards, love the poem, very clever
    maz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are always soooo creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats. You're a funny girl, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice job on the grape card, and the others. The poem cracked me up! You are a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the grape card and all the circles that is on there. as for the eyelets, all I can suggest is to either use a ruleror buy one of the mat packs from stampin up as it will help line up your holes for your eyelets. just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  12. well congrats on making COTW!!! and your cards are all fantastic, love the way you used the circles :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow have you been a busy bee my friend.
    Totally looooove your poem... can see you have many talents and how cool is that Kristen :)
    So many gorgeous colourful creations too... it's a pleasure to be back and catching up with all your glorious goodies :)
    hugs
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. How busy you've been Kirsten, some great cards, expecially like the lilac and circles one.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute and fun paper's here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's beautiful!!

    Thx for your post - Ok so, the black background isn't showing up when I load your page, it shows as white. It must be something to do with my settings, I'll work it out eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved your poem....being an art teacher, I have found that even a color you hate can somehow work when placed beside another! :>)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!