Saturday, May 23, 2009

What a GREAT WEEKEND!!!!

Why is it a GREAT weekend???  Because we are home for a change, and just hanging out.  How fun is that?  It is AWESOME!  We have been lounging, and reading, and drinking wine, and lazing about.  And now, we are off to get PEANUT BUSTER PARFAITS!!!!!  YUM!  I can't wait.  My DH is in the shower (It's nearly 7pm LOL).  It is quite fun to be lazy for a day.
Except I did make some cards while he was napping.  :)  I hope you enjoy them!!!  Happy long weekend everyone!  
Oh, I forgot to take a picture of a most wonderful RAK from the girls at the OPUS GLUEI!!!  It had Glue Dots, and DCWV Rub-Ons, and Ribbon, and 2 sets of self cling polymer stamps.  Some of which I used in my card making today.  Thanks OPUS GLUEI GALS.  I took it into the craft room right away and it got eaten up in the abyss.  UGG! 

This day was a total Waste of Makeup.  (Good thing I didn't wear any today!!!)
This card is from a sketch at Sketch Saturdays
And I am using it for a challenge at Our Creative Corner.  Their theme was Favorite Sentiment.  I love this sentiment.

The picture is my mother's girlfriends and the photo was taken in 1956.  I colored the photo with colored pencils to give it some interest.  The paper is from my stash, scraps of everyone's paper I normally use; DCWV, Basic Grey, some old work stash.
The sentiment is Color Bok Lucky You!
Party On!
This Card is for Basic Grey.  The challenge is Doodle on your card.  

I doodled all over with a fine point Sharpie Marker.  I hope you can see it all.  Everything for this card is Basic Grey pretty much except the Color Bok Sentiment and the stamps are from the Opus Gluei Girls.  They are from studio G.
A card about Faith.
This card is from a sketch at Unscripted Sketches.

The sentiment is Deja Views Religious sentiments 
The ribbon is Basic Basic and DCWV Uptown
The background paper is Basic Grey
And all the grey paper is from The Paper Studio Boho collection.
True Friend
This is for a sketch at Card Patterns

More Basic Grey Paper, this from Urban Prairie and Lime Rickey
The saying is from DCWV Friends clear sticker stack.
The bird is from Quickutz.

The photo of the day is for Happy Memorial Day, and thank you to our veterans.  This one is my father, who served during the Korean War.  Staff Sergeant at Strategic Air Command.  U.S. Air Force.
Cala! Cala! Cala!
Something is fishy at So Artful.  The theme is fish.  Here is my hand drawn creation on Italian Water color paper.
A tough card today at 365 Cards.  (Day #84)  Lot's of fellow participants executed this well, but also thought it was challenging.  Making a simple card isn't always so simple.  I had fun with this.  I hope my floral ribbon does not count as more flowers.  
The recipe was
1 3x3 card (check)
1 flower (check) don't count those on my ribbon!!!
1 Brad (check)
1 piece of ribbon (check)
1 stamped sentiment (check)
NO PATTERNED PAPER (check)

Wheww, I did it.

Now that these are posted, we are off to get those ice creams and a scoop of vanilla for our dog Maya!  She loves ice cream.  She licks is very slowly, just like a person would enjoy every lick.  She does not eat anything else slowly, except for soft serve.  She will be a happy girl tonight.  I have to take my Lactaid though, because otherwise I will be sick all night.  Ever since my third abdominal surgery I have been lactose intolerant.  At least there is a pill for it, I could not live without ice cream.

25 comments:

  1. I so totally LOVE THE fishies!!! yay, they are so marvelous swimmin' around in their lil' art world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you got a lot done during DH nap...love your card for Unscripted Sketches, the bird is beautiful as is the sentiment. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is just wonderful Kristin! Thanks for taking the time to participate in Unscripted Sketches! BR-T

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish, I wish I was your fish! They are amazing!!!! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are all gorgeous! Great job on all of them!!

    Thank you for joining us on todays Unscripted Sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ice cream is my favorite food! Enjoy! Your cards are wonderful. I'm so glad you had a fun, lazy day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic cards!!! enjoy your icecream and relaxing weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards..I especially love the make up one...that cracked me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards! So glad you joined us for this weeks Unscripted Sketch again! I can't wait to see what you come up with next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow the colours just POP! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kristen, I love your fishies ... they are fabulously drawn and painted and i adore how you did the water too. excellent art as always. Love your birdies and the flower card as well. I do love the yellow and red together they are a super combi.
    Happy memorial day to you my friend

    Hugs june xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful work! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW you were BUSY BUSY BUSY while your DH napped! I love your Unscripted Sketches card especially!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this batch of cards!! You can sure get a lot done while hubby naps!! Enjoy your day!

    hugs, Karen Lee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great little fishes! Makes for a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful cards, the fish are fabu, and your recipe card is very sweet, how long was your DH nap anyway, for me to get all that done mine DH would have grown a beard during his nap.

    I hope you enjoyed the ice cream, I agree one cannot leave with out it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! You've been busy! Love all you created, especially the "waste of makeup" one--too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your CP card and the sentiment in it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have some wonderful creations on your blog Kristen, you are a very talented lady :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous cards !! All of them are lovely :-)

    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Everything is just beautiful, Kristen!
    You`ve been very busy!
    Hugs Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  22. I enjoyed your BG doodles; what fun! Thanks for playing along at BG.

    I have been following you in my google reader. I love the various ephemera you use on your cards...you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Either that was one long nap or you just pump cards out in a jiffy! The makeup one was too much!! Way to go on the fishes. Always a pleasure to see your work.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow - You've been busy. Fabulous cards and I love the photograph of your Dad. Love the summery colours of the BG card and you've doodled your heart out there - looks like you had fun - great card.
    Thanks so much for joining us at BG.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!