Friday, June 5, 2009

55 cards off to Gig Harbor!!!

Here's the scoop.
A Card Sketch A day had a sketch to make this card.
And, the scoop is, I found 55 cards to send to Gig Harbor for Compassionate Cards for their monthly collection.  This month is for women with Gynecological Cancers.  I had Cervical Cancer when I was 24 and had a radical hysterectomy, so this really hit home for me!  I am happy to help.  My husband's daughter sent me the volunteer info for this at Volunteer Match.  
365 Cards day 97 challenge is to make a card with a diamond shape as the focal point.  Here is my Kite Card.  The clouds are hand drawn and the shape is just cut by hand out of Lime Rickey paper from Basic Grey.
This card is made from a photo a Art Creations Friday.  I printed it on floral paper and then embossed the buttons with Cuttlebugs.  The sentiment is Beyond Postmarks all occasion vellum sticker.
SoArtful's Theme is Tongue Twister.  I never heard this tongue twister before, and got it off the internet, along with the picture of the nurses.  I just cut out nine nurses to fit the saying. 
And now for Something Completely Different.
Their theme for this month is Tags.  Today's theme is Stars and Stripes.  This can be a tag for my Grandson when he turns 7 in December.
Make a Moo or Two's theme is the Alphabet.  Here are my three makes.
Darkside Challenge blog's theme is Tattoo.  This is a hand drawn one.  I added some Stickles to for interest.

25 comments:

  1. good heavens you've been busy!

    The tag you've made for SCD is FAB! love the unusual shape its a great take on the theme...

    Love your hand drawn lady for the tattoo challenge too - very 60's tattooish iykwim?

    Thanks for joining us again this week, hope to see you again soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous moos in splendid colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a fantastic post. I have enjoyed looking at all your fabulous creations.

    Thanks for joining us this week on Something Completely Difference your tag is awesome.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend. Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,theres alot to look at here. Such nice eye candy! Everything is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just think it is so awesome you are doing all these cards to help others. You are terriffic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Alpha Moos are so fun. Love the three of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is me again. Your ACF is fabulous. Great colors in that background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow so many fantastic pieces. Woderful work. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your tag idea Kristen, I would never have thought to cut some away like you have...it looks great!

    hehe I have never heard that tongue twister either.....I wonder if those nurses would have managed it???

    All lovely work XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent work on each and every one of these!!

    hugs, Karen Lee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I Love your star tag it's just gorgeous..

    thanks for joining us at SCD

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, who has been a busy lady then - plus 50 cards for charity. Goodness Kristen, your cards are amazing, I just love your ideas.
    Missed your blog whilst I've been away on holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. kristen i dunno how you do it but you do all these fab things and you never ever fail to impress with your art work ... fabulous !!! Love all of these and specially the kite
    the tongue twister is amazing and you are clever to think of this.
    Now then i am off to add it and thanks for joining in my friend
    xx June xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a lot of cards in 1 post! Really nice of you to send 55 cards off to Gig Harbor! And the cards are fab, you make such original ones! :)
    X, Ava

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards are beautiful - the recipients are going to love them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow congratulations on all the cards sent to charity can understand how important that was for you, hope you are appreciated for your amazing effort. Love all the work in this posting from icecream to nine nurses to seven year olds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW you have been busy love your tag great shape a really good idea

    ReplyDelete
  18. I spot a fishy that looks familiar!!! LOL!!!! Too CUTE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. They are all fantastic..I enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like the printed ACF image on the paper - it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous cards and I LOVE the Moos!

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a nice variety , so much to see .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!