Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Grad parties and invites galore. Glad all those grad card challenges were weeks ago!

Give thanks for Great Dads.  This is my Father's day card for Creative Belli Challenge #67 (A sketch that needed to also be a Father's day card).  And for Created by Hand, a Father's day card.  My Dad has the most beautiful lawn.  So I thought I would commemorate his handy yard work in his card.
Movie Inspired Card is the theme at Cuttlebug's Challenge blog.  I used the border stitch embossing folder.  The quote is from Steal Magnolias.  One of my favorite movies.  That little girl looks a little serious about her dolls and I was thinking pink and that quote popped into mind.
Back to 1956 with this card.
Wednesday stamper's theme for today is FASHION.  These gals were certainly doing their best.  The words pin up and cheers are stamped.  The dots are from Endless Creations.
R is for Roses at the ABC blog.
This is a LAA image and sentiment.  But I cut out one of the girl's arms and tucked one of the roses under her arm.
365 Cards Day 102 was to combine 3 challenges from 3 months.  
From May I used Day 80-You're so plaid.
From April I used Day 37-Dress up some chip board.  The flowers are chip board with LAA images on them.
From March I used Day 31 I'm rounding a Corner, no square edges.
This was a fun card to make and a great challenge.
For Tag it on at Dragon's Dream the challenge is TREASURE.  What do you treasure.  Since I am a Christian, I thought God would be my 1st treasure.  So I did some inking, embossing and layering of words.  

22 comments:

  1. All your cards are beautiful. I love your take on the Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot movie inspiration. I love that movie too. Thanks for playing along this week.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. always a joy to see your work :D fantastic cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow wow you are a busy girl. So wonderful and gorgeous cards. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful cards Kristen! Love your Cuttlebug Challenge card, what an adorable image you used! I also love your tag! Jesus is my #1 treasure also!
    Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. kristen...love your cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are wonderful!
    I love them all!
    hugs Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tag, kristen... thanks so much for playing... you foxed me cos you posted this under last week's tag!!!!!!!! opps, found you now, and thanks so much for your generous comments, so glad you are enjoying my silly ideas!!
    Love and light
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dorothy (etsdas on SCS)June 11, 2009 at 9:27 AM

    Lovely cards - I noticed in particular the stitched border from Cuttlebug. Looks like another I need!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all fantastic and unique. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. once again a week full of gorgeous creations! Lovely Job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree- FABULOUS creations!!! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowowow, such wonderful eye candy!!! You have been busy!!! Love your Fathers Day card!!! Thanks for playing in the CB challenge!!!!

    Danita

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowzers, your cards are always so fabulous and creative. Really love your Father's Day card. You do collage/vintage so well -- TFS all of these beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so creative! All of your cards are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what amazing work you've done!! Such a unique and fun style. I love the FD card for the Belli challenge, great job with the sketch!! Beautiful work here!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. great work Thanks for joining in the Cuttlebug challenge this week
    Cuttlehugs
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cards! the first one is my favorite. Thanks for playing with us at creative Belli

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my word!!!! Your cards are all fabulous!!! Such a variety of colors, designs, stamps, images...Awesome work here!!! Thanks for joining us in the Belli Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful cards - love how you did the tags on the Father's Day card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!