Thursday, June 4, 2009

Joined a volunteer group!!!

This card is for Dutch Dare and the challenge today is to decorate the inside of the card as well as the outside.
I need to start doing this all the time because I have a 3 foot stack of black on the inside cards that need insides now.  And I just joined a volunteer group out of Gig Harbor Washington that sends cards to the hospitalized, abused women shelters, and elderly in nursing homes that aren't getting too many visitors.  I think this will be GREAT!!!  
This picture and the next two are the inside and outside of a wedding card I made for the Dutch Dare.  I used Prima flowers, Beyond Postmarks all occasions stickers for the sentiments, and some Basic Grey (Mellow) paper.  The bugs are from Quickutz.


This card is from a sketch at Beary Box.  
The mini bugs are again from Quickutz, more Basic Grey Mellow paper and a few others thrown in there.  The sentiment is Beyond Postmarks as well.
The inside says sending you lots of love and get well wishes.
This is for a make up card at 365 Day number 91.  Front and center.
The paper is DCWV, the stamp is Stampin' Up!  and I used stickles around my circle that I colored with C1 Copic Marker.
This is for Day # 90 at 365.
I see your 2 colors.  Mine are green and pink.
More BG papers, this time Urban Prairie.  The stickers are from K and Company Dollhouse and the sentiment is Beyond Postmarks, again.
Swiss dots!!!  I only have the little one inch border one, I need the full sheet!!!  This card is for Punches and nips at Cute Card Thursday.  I used more BG paper.  My scalloped circle punch, and my round corner punch.
The brown paper is actually the inside and the area around the sentiment is hollow.
Summer Fun for Lili of the Valley.  I drew this card.

We ate at Javier's tonight in Arlington Heights.  We were looking for good Mexican Food in the area and have been having trouble finding any.  This was quite good.  The tamales were excellent and very meaty.

11 comments:

  1. Those are great, Kristen!!! That is so cool about the volunteer group. You will definately help bring some cheer to them. xo, Risa

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lil' whale is adorable..so cute!!

    That is wonderful you'll volunteer and make cards for those that need a smile on their face. I'm sure they will be really appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The volunteer group sounds lovely. I'm sure they will enjoy all your cards. Enjoy your weekend. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheesh girl!!!!!!!!! You never cease to amaze me! You are one talented chick!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifull cards Kristin.
    Love all of them.
    Thanks for joining the DDCC this week.

    xoxo karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. love all your cards! esp the ones for dutch dare and beary box, I've been making a few wedding cards lately, and I may just borrow the sentiment 'fairy tales do come true' if thats ok with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristen i forgot to tell you i adore that washing line its fantastic
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cards, an to hand draw, wow. Thanks of taking part in this weeks LOTV challenge
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK really, wow love all the cards, great job, you really rock.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!