Monday, June 1, 2009

Oodles of Thanks

This is a Thank you card, and I used the sketch from 2 Sketches 4 you for it.  It is a Thank you card that I am sending to our friends for the great weekend at their lake house.  It was wonderful.  I got to meet some of my husband's friends from forever.  It was such a wonderful and relaxing weekend, and our hosts were excellent.  I hope she loves it.  I also hope 2 Sketches 4 you loves it too, because they are having a great give away adventure, go and check it out!!! 
The card is for a recipe from The Pink Elephant.  Use 3 buttons, mine are antique.  2 layers, the green layer is raised off of the rest of the card, if you couldn't tell with the scan.  And 1 sentiment.  Those were the days.  Can you hear Edith singing in the background to Archie???

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful card I love the vintage look! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura & Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, such cool elements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty pretty!!

    Thanks for joining TPE this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CHA-CHING!!!! Just stunning!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great work!! love it and the great details....

    ReplyDelete
  6. More great creations! I love your 2S4Y card...will be posting mine shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card love the vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the aged photo and antique buttons.
    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Thanks for sharing it with us at TPE!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the vintage look! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just beautiful Kristen! Do I spy old hooks & eyes on there too? X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh lovely stuff Kristen. Your "Thank You" card has just reminded me I need to make one too.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic card!!!! I love the vitage feel, along with a collagy feel (is that a word??) whatever.

    GREAT JOB

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are so bad - I just got the brady bunch singing Sunshine day out of my head and now I have Archie and Edith! (hee hee)

    Great cards, I love how you used a vintage photo so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful. I love the different textures you have used for your card

    Thanks so much for taking part in the UCS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kristen,
    Well I have just spent some time going back over to catch up on your blog....as far as March... and boy everything is a sight for sore eyes... fabulous, so original and your SOH is the best,,,thanks for making me smile tonight.

    Fab way of using hook n eyes.
    did you get your ATC's?
    Chriss x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both are beautiful! Love the vintage look too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice "green's" .I like green..especially green paper's! Woot

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful work. Good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. cute! I like the buckle! Nice take on the sketch!

    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!