Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Quickutz Day, and a new Hair Cut for picture of the day.

This is the Quickutz cat, done in a way they didn't intend, I am sure.  LOL.  

These cards are all 3x3.  I like to call them Tuck Ins.  They make a great little addition to a lunch box, or a present.  

For 365 Cards they have a Wacky color theme.  It is Blue-Pink-and Orange.  Here is my creation keeping with their fun challenge.  This is also the Quickutz Cat.  The tentacles are the tail and the body is the octopus, the ink blot is the cabbage rose looking quickutz flower.
Q-is for Quilted over at the ABC Challenge blog.  I used my stitch stamp from Endless Creations.  I don't have a sewing machine, so I faked it.
The inside of this card is censored.  But if you know the saying...You will laugh.  This is for the Order of the Opus Gluei.  Their theme this week is to use a sun or the word sunshine.  Inside the quote ends with sunshine, as well as my handcrafted sun for the front of this card.  I hope you love it Opus Gluei Gals.
I hope your day is SCENT-Sational!!!
TA-DA!!!

Well here it is, my new haircut!  I love it.  I was worried hubby would hate it, because he has only known me with long hair.  I grew it out before I met him, and wasn't really fond of myself in long hair.  HE LOVED IT!!!  Whew!  I am so happy, he said I never had to grow my hair out again.  YAY!  I can work with short hair better than long.  My hair is super thick and gets curly with length.  I wanted something like Goldie Hawn from her Laugh In Days.  My hair stylist is from Ireland and never watched the show, but she nailed it with my description, I think.  I also put some platinum and raspberry highlights in it.

25 comments:

  1. Love the haircut and your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab hair cut & wow love your creations. Thank you for popping over to my blog. Tess loves the buns & the buns just tease her. Can't let them out together because she would kill them, but with bars between them they are very friendly to each other!! x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are so witty (you'll have to email me the sassy inside sentiment on the ray of sunshine card, I have an idea but still...)

    I love how you used the QK cat and rose for your unusual colored card ('inking of you' *smile*)

    and yes, your use of the QK cat in the first card is probably not how they intended but it is funny!

    LOVE LOVE LOVE your hairdo. It looks sexy, baby, really complements your eyes and cheekbones! mahvelous, dahling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen, I love your new haircut!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the haircut, it is nice to have a big change every now and then.
    Your cards are fantastic, love the cat and chook cards.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks fab, and so do your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous cards and i love your hair! the highlights are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair is freakin' awesome. Seriously, how could you ever go long again!
    Your cards are again FABULOUS. Love the cat and the cat-apus.
    Your SUNSHINE card for Opus Gluei is great. I love your mind and your creativity.
    But my fav in this post is, hands down, your HAIR. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such FUN cards Kristen and wowza! I love your new "do"...soooo chic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cards are great and I love the haircut. I too am a short haired loving girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. First I'm lovin' the new "DO"!! And second....great job on all the cards!

    hugs, Karen Lee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the hair style! Very chic and cool!

    Fabulous cards too!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness you've been busy! First of all, love your take on the 365 challenge, especially the way you turned that cat into an octopus. Also, your haircut is fabulous - totally the Goldie Hawn from her Laugh In days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. all are fantastic! LOVE the cat one and your new cut is super cute!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the card - and your haircut!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cut rocks, as does your hubby for loving it. Great job on all your cards, the ABC one is especially wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your hair looks really nice Kristen, I'm sure glad your hubby likes it :) I've gone short recently after growing it long for the last couple of years and I'd forgotten how much easier it was to look after and keep neat. Your highlights are great.

    Love all your cards, it amazes me how much you are able to fit on those 3x3 cards, they are like mini works of art.

    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. TEEHEE!! Love your cards!! That top one is hilarious!! And your new DO looks fabbo my dear!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab cards and gorgeous hair do! Thanks for joining in the ABC chalenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ok, the haircut is FABULOUS! And all those cards. Whew! You been busy. I love how many uses that a cat has. ALl your cards turned out so great. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG< I totally lOve your new Hair-Do!!! Looks Fab on you. I have short hair as well and get it trimmed to keep the style..Short is Fun!!! Especialy for summer mos. Cute cards today

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great cards and love the hair it really suits you
    maz

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fab cards...love the sentiment on your 'Quilted' card.
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
    Helen x

    PS - love your new haircut too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are totally rockin' this new do - it really fits you . I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the cat card! Just stumbled upon this while looking for Quickutz images!!! So funny. (Have 5 kitties)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!