Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Where has the time gone???

Paper piecing, to me, is very fun.  That is the theme at 365 cards today.  Day 115 Piece it together.
The truck is Stampin' Up!  and it was stamped on BG Mellow Paper
I then layered it on some K and Company paper (the stripes and the green dotted) and then drew and cut out the trees.  I then layered all that out onto more BG Mellow paper, and used a Quickutz for the sun and hand drew and cut out the cloud layer.
Forgive my sporadic blogging lately, I have a really ill brother and have been putting my time into that.
And here is a wedding card for Challenge 57 at A Spoon Full of Sugar.
The paper is old work stash, the lace and doily are from Jacque, the ribbon is from Basic Basic at Michaels, the flowers are Prima, the buttons are from my stash.  It's off in the mail to Georgia for this card.

13 comments:

  1. Two excellent cards, the paper piecing is so great and the second one is lovely and romantic looking.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your paper pieced card! I haven't used my Loads of Love set nearly enough and I think that might be the solution I needed. I just didn't like how my little truck came out no matter how I colored it... Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the cards, they are both amazing, the paper piecing is the bomb, and I love the collage card. I am sorry about your brother, I hope all will be well.

    What is so funny about the HM stamps is that I HATE mice and rats, they totally freak me out, spiders I'll take them out, but mice and rats, I totally run the other way, I've even stopped going on a quilt retreat to a place that had mice, they scurried across the floor, awwwwwww!!!!! take card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi;-)
    Thanx for lovely comment;-)
    You are really good at paper piecing. I have only tried this once myself, and not a very good result LOL.
    I really like your wedding card, nice lovely colors and a lovely red heart;-)
    Hugs
    Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi and thanx for lovely comment;-)
    You are really good at paper piecing! I have only tried this once myself, and the result is not quite as it should;-)
    Really adore your weddingcard. The colors are great, specially the red heart!
    Hugs
    Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your brother gets better soon. Take care, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both gorgeous in different ways Kristen but the second one knocks me off my feet!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristen, fun cards...I especially love the paper piecing one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both fab cards....i love the sentiment on your first card!! fab vintage wedding card...love all the elements! bx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I admit that I really love the paper piecing you did with the car. And, of course, laughed at the sentiment! Great work, but you ALWAYS do great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute cute card at the top!! Love your fun scenery that you've created!! :) The second project is so elegant and gorgeous!! TFS! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Wedding card,Thanks for playing along with ASFOS this week, Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these and especially that vintage !!!!
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!