Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ganging up on the challenges today!!!

365 Cards Day 124 today has a challenge for Computer Generated.  The photo is altered on my computer and printed of my sister and I.  I also used my computer for the sentiment.  The flowers are Prima and the paper is from some Jacque Stash.  There are some buttons and brads in the mix as well. 
And the sketch is courtesy of Dutch Dare!
Buttons oh my!  Challenge # 26 is buttons at Charisma Cardz.
I used some of my stash of buttons, and Basic Grey Paper, and some Stampin' Up! ribbon to make a RED, WHITE, and BLUE card for Three Clovers.  I distressed the blue paper for some added interest.
Cute Card Thursday's theme is STITCHING.  Real or faux stitching is acceptable, luckily, because I can't sew for nothing.  These are rub ons from DCWV.  I put them on some BG paper from Lime Rickey and attached the vellum sentiment with some hardware.  
Distressing is the twist to the sketch at Twisted Thursdays.  I crumpled the paper, inked it, tore it, inked it, punched holes in it, used the distressing tool from Tim Holtz.  The kitty and saying are from LAA.  If I could fly..what fun that would be!  Shirley's two girls have some really cute images.  They are also having a Christmas in July event, go check it out!
Another Sketch card, this one for Lili of the valley.
The paper is a variety of BG, Club Scrap, and some Core'dinations.  And there are some odds-n-ends from a stash trade with Jacque and some stickers I wanted to use up.

27 comments:

  1. Hey Kristen!! great cards, love the sister card, you know i do, to to funny!!!! the rest of the cards are fantastic as well.

    Keep on!, keepin on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! what a fantastic group of cards.Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have been busy, lovely creations and i love your take on this weeks sketch. Thanks for taking part in the LOTV challenge
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what a gaggle of inspiration! Your computer generated one just cracked me up and the button birthday USA is adorable!!! thanks for sharing your playful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just rolled out laughing at your most delightful blog. That pig and bacon cartoon is just the funniest!! Love that computer generated card about you and your sister as well. Humor is always the icing on the cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for playing Twisted Thursday over at Shirleys2Girls! Cute card and love all the distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love our new pic of you on your profile!

    Your scrapbook page is perfect...and the quote totally cracked me up :) On top of that you cranked out some cards too! You go, girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!! These are all just fabulous my dear!! I especially love the button USA!!! :) Very appropriate!! Hope you have a lovely weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great batch of card Kristen...you always have the best sentiments and I have to say that I chuckled out loud when I read the sibling rivalry one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah Kristen you were first to submit your card for the Twisted Thursday Christmas In July challenge. You know how much I love your fun eccentric style. Thank you so much for playing with us each week, it means a lot.
    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute Cards. I esp. like the kitten card (I'm a cat lover here) and the Lili of the Valley challenge card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. super cards! especially like your first one in this post...sugar and spice and everything nice???? lol so fun!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boy have you been busy! I'm with you on the stitching front...I put my sewing machine away years ago, and that's where its staying. Faux stitching is the BEST kind!!

    Love the sister sentiment (though I always wanted a sister), and that little plaintive kitten is just right.

    Love visiting your blog, off to check out some of your links (probably get lost) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card, a great way to use your buttons on your card, thanks for joining us at Charisma this week

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. YES!You have been a busy stamper...wonderful cards! Thanks for joining us at 3 Clover Thursday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How do you do all of this? I don't know which card I like more although the sibling one made me laugh - I love when that happens!!!

    The pig and bacon card came close too, I sure know who I would send that too.

    USA buttons cute to and a cat card, I love cats as I have two, thanks Kristen.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are all beautiful Kristen. I love the button one
    Hugs June

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic cards!! I love the one you have done for our challenge!!
    Thanks for joining us at Charisma - good luck!
    Leanne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great lot of cards you have made. I love your humour :)
    Lora x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just stopping in to say hi. Love the kitty with the wings. Very similar to an ATC I did several years back. Great minds... Take care and don't be a stranger. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a great cards kristen
    a joy to see those.
    the sister card is very special

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the card and the message too! XOXO Julie. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  23. laugh out loud - you are funny!

    ReplyDelete
  24. aww, the kitty card is so sweet..love the color's and paper tearing!! fun fun fun..so many cards

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just stunning!!! As always you are such an inspiration!!!!!! Thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!