Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Chicken Noodle and some doodles...

This card is for 365 Cards challenge #164. 
It is a color scheme, the colors are; Red, Yellow, Purple, Orange, and Light Blue.
I cut some circles and layered them for head and hair, the dress is hand cut, the road lines, stitches, face and hair details are all doodles.  
Dear Grand daughter Princess "P" goes to kindergarten this year.  YAY!!!
Mr "T" is a super Grandson!
This card is for 365 card Day # 165 SHAPE UP... make a star your focal image.  Mr. "T" is going into first grade this year. 
This was made the same way as Princess "P".  
I got the idea for these two cards from a UK Paper Arts Magazine called Paper Craft.
I used glitter around the star to give it some oomph.  
These two cards were fun to make!!!
This card is for IC Sketches.  This is some Making Memories Paper and some Basic Grey, the die cut is from Cuttlebug.
Fun Sketch, and last week I was the winner of some really awesome kits from them, how exciting!!!
This card brought to you by the letter "A" for anything goes over at the ABC challenge blog.  You could add an animal in addition, but this is what I did.  A very simple, fun card, that actually took a TON of time to make and glue all the letters down one at a time.   
This alphabet is chicken noodle from Quickutz.  The inside of the card has the U that is not displayed on the outside.  It says "missing U" on the inside of the card.
This card is one I needed to make 9 of for my card club using the alphabet.  One of the other girls at club spelled get well soon out of tan colored card stock and floated them in a faux bowl of tomato soup, cutting circles out of orange for soup and a different edge for the bowl.  She folded a piece of paper in half to make a napkin and used her Quickutz dies for a spoon to go along with it.  It was a great card.

27 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been so busy! Great cards, congrats on winning the IC sketches challenge. I love your 1st day of school card for your granddaughter.
    ~Diane (DCRU DT) <(*<*)>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, you make some dynamite cards!! I love 'em! Those doodley kids are fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these cards - the kids are going to love them too! Also, really liked the kitty cat card and Missing U - very clever. The get well one that you described does sound quite clever as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your alphabet card - very clever!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, love the kid ones the best! Stop over to my blog, leave a comment and I'll put your name in to win some blog candy.
    http://www.scramper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards, especially the kid ones. Stop over to my blog and leave a comment. I'll put your name in for my blog candy.
    http://www.scramper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these!!!! My little sweet pea starts back to school tomorrow - THIRD GRADE!!!!! Sniff! Sniff! I am getting SO FREAKIN' OLD!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are ALL WONDERFUL, the little kids you created are adorable, wonerful, wonerful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards, so creative. Love your take on the IC sketch, thanks for playing along
    :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Princess P and Mr T are ADORABLE!!! Such precious cards...they made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What super cards, very happy and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the quirky feel of all of these cards. The superstar is my fav, though. Great ideas!
    http://ohpleasework.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cards are wonderful! I love the details and originality! BR-T

    ReplyDelete
  14. ok seriously... these are SOO cute!!! LOVE those little people. Just A-dorAble!!
    k

    ReplyDelete
  15. hehehe! all of your cards are just adorably sweet and fun! I love your take on the ICS sketch this week. I have that paper and the fun little cat. Love them both, and they work so great together! Very cute! Thanks for joining us this week at ICS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are `beautiful`
    Thanks for joining in with ICS this week..
    `Congrats` on your win:)
    Enjoy your Evening:)x

    ReplyDelete
  17. ok these are seriously CUTE cards! I just love those hand cut/made people! How clever are you??? I am glad you played with us at ICS this week too! Great job with my sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. HI Kristen, just adore your Meow card using ICS #29 - that is amazingly adorable. Loving all your gorgeous creations here, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant art Kristen, love your ideas, you are so talented ...I just think the way you put things together is so wacky and creative - makes my old brain sag ....

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMGoodness these cards are all GOREGOUS. Love the ICS card! WOW you are on fire sweetie! Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to join us at ICS this week. :)
    ♥Dawn♥
    Owner of ICS

    ReplyDelete
  21. these are all so adorable! that last one is very cute. thanks for playing along at ICS

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a busy bee you have been! Thanks for joining us at ICS!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great idea bet it DID take ages too

    thanks for joining us on ABC

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  24. love all your fun cards!!! just love your take on the IC sketch this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kristen, I have an award for you on my blog.
    ~Diane (DCRU DT ).

    ReplyDelete
  26. a lovely card
    thank you for joining us on abc this week, we look forward to seeing you next week on B is for...
    hugs Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  27. your cards are so original love em!

    hope thatt you are well
    take care
    chriss x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!