Sunday, August 9, 2009

I've been mugged by a 105 heat index, UGH!

Lot's of sketches today, and too hot to go outside.  It is our 3 days of summer here in the Chicago area.  I'll pass.  I have never been a huge fan of the heat, especially when humidity is involved.
This card is made out of basic grey June Bug, and Lemonade Paper, as are all the cards today, except for those challenges that wanted no patterned paper.  This is a simple card using only paper and a DCWV "Friends" sentiment clear sticker, and a bit of round cornering and inking.  The card is for Card Positioning Systems.  
This card also includes some Lime Rickey Basic Grey Papers and the sentiment is also DCWV.  The sketch is from Sweet Sunday Sketch, and is another straight forward take on the sketch.

This is a duo of challenges.
The sketch and theme of Wedding Card is for Crafts for Eternity Sketch # 44
And Corrosive Challenges is also looking for a Wedding Card.
The World is from Quickutz Reuse cookie cutter set.  The Quote is hand penned, and the Sentiment is from Deja Views.  The swirls are also hand drawn doodles and the doily is a paper one I purchased in the cake department at my local JoAnns.
For this card I used one of the Quickutz Apples under the DCWV sentiment.  The sketch is from Unscripted Sketches #18.  I punched the apple of of a lime colored paper and then inked the edges with red to make it look like a Macintosh.   The used to be my favorite apple, until I tasted a Tentation out of New Zealand.  They are GREAT!  If you see them at the grocery store, they are worth a try if you are an apple fan!  They are yellow and taste like a yellow delicious and a Braeburn in one apple.
This card is for Pile It On Challenge #10 No Patterned Paper
365 Cards Day # 162 Where it is Sketchy Sunday, and... ART GLITTER WEEK!!!
This is ALSO for 2 Red Bananas Card Stock ONLY!!!  You can use 1 embellishment, if you must, so I used a piece of ribbon. 
The boo is Quickutz Dragonfly 4 x 8 font.
The Cauldron is Actually the POT OF GOLD from Quickutz (4x4)  And I used glue and paint and glitter to make the cauldron boil with toil and trouble.
The bat is from Cuttlebug.

Hope you had a GREAT weekend.  I know I sure did.  Very relaxing and I found canvas and leather frames at pottery barn for $8.99 a piece.  They are gorgeous.  I have 4 photos that needed great frames and that was a real steal!!!

34 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week. Love all your cards, your style is so quirky & original. I mean that in a good way! Your wedding card is a fab take on the sketch!
    Regards,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of our cards are fabulous! The papers and colors are bright and beautiful! Thanks for being Unscripted this week! Hope you'll play along with us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are delicious eye candy... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, all of them! I love the cauldron! Thanks for playing along in the 2RedBananas challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these cards are really great, and I love that Halloween card. It is really cute. Thanks for playing in 2RB's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are gorgeous! I love the papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW all these cards are amazing! I really love that last one!
    your take on the Unscripted Sketch is great and I LOVE that apple. Such bright fun papers and colors.
    Thanks for joining us at Unscripted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been busy. These all turned out great. The witches cauldron is really super. I love the way you added the sparkle to the top. Super job. Thanks for playing along at 2Redbananas..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your spooky card for us this week! :)

    Thanks for playing!

    Dee fr Pile It On DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. blech, I hate the heat too...well, your lovely fun & cheery cards should have cooled you down...they are all super fabulous kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kristen you know I adore looking at all your creations. Basic Grey have such beautiful and fun papers don't they? You have done a great job sticking to the one paper lot for all those cards and making each one look individual, it takes skill and you got it girl.
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. so cute! i love halloween :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your sunny take on our sketch. Very vibrant, happy colours and I like your slant on weddings. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really enjoyed these cards, I think you really do a great job and always inject personality in every one!

    I also like how you used the Lime Rickey papers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, and the 3 days of summer comment did make me chuckle. You enjoy them okay?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh now these are all so awesome!! I love that bubbly cauldron!! :) Fun colors on the top card!! I know how you feel about the heat...same here!! Hope you've received the banana card OK!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfect Halloween card! Love your bubbly cauldron too. Great idea! Thanks for playing this week at Pile It On! ~Denise :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. All great cards! Love the goo in the cauldron! Thank you for playing with us at Pile It On!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are some FANTASTIC cards Kristen, they are all just wonderful, I love the POT one, and the June Bug paper is great!!! I hope things cool off soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great technique you used on tha halloween card!

    Thanks for playing!

    Timi, Pile it on DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Way to create Kristen! I am so lovin' that you did an Unscripted Sketches Challenge! BR-T

    ReplyDelete
  22. So many fabulous projects!!! Love your US project especially! Thanks for playing with US this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card, lovely colours.

    Thanks for joining us
    Hugs
    Suzette

    ReplyDelete
  24. very beautiful! I love the colors you used.
    Hugs,
    Samantha
    SP Color Combos Creator -Come play at SPCC!
    http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. great cards! thanks for joining us this week!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  26. Whew! What a lotta cards! And, in my opinion, a great way to deal with the heat! Love the papers and colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great card with just cardstock! cutie lil spider!

    Amy -- Pile It On DT

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great cards!! I'm with you on the heat thing, I've never been good in the heat. Thinking of you! Hope it passes for you soon. In the meantime have loads of fun crafting :o)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great cards!! I'm with you on the heat thing, I've never been good in the heat. Thinking of you! Hope it passes for you soon. In the meantime have loads of fun crafting :o)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very autumny...Love it

    Thanks for playing!

    Julie Leblanc, Pile it On - August GDT


    http://www.kewlstamps-n-more.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. fabulous cards! thanks for joining us at c4e this week hugs mx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely card, thanks for playing along at C4E.

    Hugs

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!