Friday, August 7, 2009

A real trashy card

This is a tag team of challenges.
The Order of the Opus Gluei had a theme of METAL this week.  I had nothing.  Then, I unwrapped a piece of gum while thinking about it, and whammo.  Don't be trashy, recycle!!!
The other challenge is C.R.A.F.T.
2 buttons, 2 squares (see them in there?) and 3 papers!  Check, check, check.
I used Quickutz Reuse set to cut this recycling logo from a gum wrapper.  My husband sells the ink that prints on these gum wrappers.  So, I recycled.
The font is Dragonfly from Quickutz, which was 50% off at Archivers last weekend (a great deal). 
The paper, is white, and green card stock from my stash and Lime Rickey from Basic Grey.

Hopefully more to come later...  Have a GREAT weekend everyone!!!

9 comments:

  1. Super cute card. The Basic Grey paper really has a nature/earthy feel to it.

    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TEE!! Your title threw me off!! What a really cool "going green" creation!! I love it!! HUGS Have a lovely weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab, unique card. I love that Basic Grey. Thanks for joining us this week at C.R.A.F.T.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, great title! :-) Can see your squares, great idea to include them in that way. Thanks for taking part in the C.R.A.F.T. challenge. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever! Great font - love the Lime Rickey. thanks for playing at C.R.A.F.T. Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card !!!

    Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge !!!

    Peggy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once again your card is GREAT. You so "get" the Opus Gluei vibe. Your title is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Jana, you get the O-G idea and run with it! This was very clever, made me smile, and just shows how creative you are (like you didn't know that). So glad you play with our little gang!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!