Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First Apple Pie of the season!!! YUM!!!

Die Cuts R Us has a theme today to use some of your this and that... ink, chalk, paint, what have you.
I used some twine, chip, Stickles, Gel pen, Distress tool, Copper Chalk ink, and the Die Cuts are Quickutz Horseshoe.

This was a fun card I made while using up a fridge bin full of apples and made a low sugar apple-crisp, the first of the season. My dad's apple trees are LOADED this year. I haven't found a wormy one yet, and he doesn't spray. I love apples. I put lemon zest in with the slices just to try something different. Now I can't wait to eat it, but I suppose I will wait for the DH to get home, and eat supper first. ;) No one will notice the little taste I snuck off the side of the pan...
This card is for Try it Out Tuesday. This is a fold I have never tried before, so I really was Trying it Out!!! The image is from a UK Paper Craft magazine, the tutorial for this fun and different fold is on the Try it Out blog, click on the link and go check it out, then make one for yourself!!!
This card is for 365 Cards day 199 a HEXAGON card...
The bee is my image that I drew. I cut the hexagon and attached it to a 6x6 card, and then trimmed the edge to frame my hexagon. This is a shaped card I will definitely make again.
This card is for ic Sketches. I did some fun photo altering on Photo Shop to make the image of the Grand's first day of school a little more arty. Their dad has been doing a great job with something lately and I want to send him a card so that he knows his family is proud of him!!! Especially his kids.

23 comments:

  1. Kristen,
    What a great card! I love the horseshoes! Thanks for participating in this week's challenge!

    Apple pie...mmmm...I can smell it all the way over here!

    Claudia (DCRU)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, all your cards look great. I am an apple lover, also. You are so blessed to have fresh apples and not have to fork over $2.50 per pound for your favorite kind. I mean, sheesh...that's a lot for apples, so you might be saving more than you realized. Take care, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Thanks fo rplaying along with us at DCRU! - Sammye Jo DTC @ DCRU

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, what fun cards...you totally rocked the hexagon challenge...nice job drawing the bee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristen..fabulous array of cards....TFS
    Thanks for joining in with the ICS this week:)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great group o' cards! You have been phenomenally busy! Great job on the hexagon card! ...and nice bee! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristen,

    Your card is wonderful. The western theme is fantastic. Your use of all the ellements is so cool. Love the horse shoes!

    So jealous about the yummy apples. We had a chance to go apple picking but they were all loaded with worms. YUCK!

    I'll have to go buy some Granny Smiths to bake with this year. Enjoy your baking!

    Smiles!
    Gwen DT@DCRU

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute cute card, Kristen. Thanks for playing along with our challenge. And I am soooo jealous of those apples.
    Carole DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous set of cards, love your take on the ICSketch, thanks for joining in. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kristen,
    Thanks for your get well wishes!! I appreciate it :o)
    You were a busy gal yesterday! All your cards are wonderful but I love the one for the DCRU challenge! Stickles are my fav. Thanks for joining us; we love your work!!
    Cara DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kristen, these are all lovely! Shouldn't your hexagon card say BEEutiful? LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kristen, I just love all your cards! You put so much care into adding just the right elements to each and every card! And who say's you can't eat dessert first? Thanks for playing along. ~Diane DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kristen, what a really fabulous set of creations!! So many to look at and so inspiring!! I just LOVE apple pie!! YUMM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is GORGEOUS!!!! What a great image and I love the way you altered the sketch. thanks for playing along at ICS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kristen I absolutely love all of your creations! We have miniature horses so I especially loved your horseshoe card, so crafty! And just hearing about the apples
    puts me in the mood for autumn cooking!
    Hugs
    Amber @ DCRU

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning work here for sure, love your cards! Thanks for playing at ICS this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!! Awesome job! Love the paper you chose to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These three cards are so amazing Kristen I love stopping by to see your creations! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh my gosh great batch of cards and LOVE your blog header!! sooo funny. way to go on the IC sketch this week!!! great job..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kristen that is just the neatest card, love the star and horseshoes, WOW. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous cards! Apple pie...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. fabulous take ont he sketch! thanks for playing along at ICS

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW what a bunch of stunning cards Kristen! Lovely job on all! Thanks for joining Inspirational Card Sketches!
    ♥Dawn♥
    Owner of ICS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!