Friday, September 4, 2009

This is a Story about Johnny Rotten

The king is gone, but he's not forgotten.
It's better to burn out, than to fade away...

We are putting my big brother in the ground this weekend. We had to work on getting everyone together to put him to rest, since we had a memorial service back in July when he passed away.

This is him pumpkin hunting with a Tommy Gun. He made me laugh... This puts a new spin on pumpkin hunting, yes???

And here are my Friday Fill-Ins...

1. I feel somber.


2. Poddy humor is always fun.


3. Right now, I can hear these things: My husband hiccoughing, the A/C, and the movie Max Payne’s credits.


4. I hated high school and I'm glad it is over.


5. The last time I wore mens undies was today. (They are SO comfortable!!! Seriously!!!)


6. I am going to see a lot of family this Labor day weekend.


7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to I am going to give my husband a REAL anniversary treat, tomorrow my plans include burying my brother and Sunday, I want to move on with my life!

9 comments:

  1. Oh Kristen, what can I say? This entry makes me smile and tear up - which I guess is an analogy of life isn't it? We smile a lot and tear up a lot and somewhere in the midst of it we live. I applaud you and would give you a big ol' rib crunching hug if you were here because you have a commendable outlook on things. You confront issues and the move on, rather than letting them build up or take up residence. That's pretty amazing for someone so young.

    Anyway, your brother reminds me of my own - beautiful, funny, flawed, and their own person all around. I sincerely hope that your family derives a feeling of peace from being together for a final goodbye.

    I always find my way over to your blog and it never fails to strike a chord with me - even when it is a crafty entry! Take care, sorority sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to say,he looks such a lovely fella. I am sure he wouldn't want you to be sad for too long and would rather you went out and did something fun and remember him that way. Hugs Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs to you at this time Kristen. Remember it is just a part of the journey of life and you seem to have a good grasp on it my friend. Take care and I will be thinking of you this weekend and always.
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen, I know the words sound empty, but I am sorry for your loss. This is one of my favorite quotes, I hope it might bring you some comfort. "Happiness is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to deal with it." (Author Unknown) And it sounds like you have that ability. I will keep you in prayer this weekend. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you hugs and warm thoughts of your brother. And more hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thoughts are with you and your family. You sound like such a strong woman, and your sense of humour, which is much needed at times like this, is such a priceless gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kristen, I hope this brings some joy to an otherwise sad weekend. You won the top spot, Overall Winner in the DCRU DT Tuesday Challenge. Go get your button girl! ~Diane DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for your loss, I admire your postive attitude....God Bless You!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry for your loss, I admire your postive attitude....God Bless You!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!