Wednesday, December 30, 2009

365 Cards Quadrants

Big Hearted Someone
365 Cards Day number 305 DIVIDE AND CONQUER!!!
It's about dividing your card into quadrants - there should be 4 equal parts and each quadrant should contain one of the following:

1 stamped sentiment
1 punched out item
1 floral embellishment
1 rhinestone


And there should be no overlap of items from quadrant to quadrant (but items within a quadrant can overlap). Also, using the rhinestone as an example, you can have several of them if you wish, but they can only be in one quadrant.

So those are the rules, and here is my card! I used Basic Grey Urban Prairie. A Stitched Brad from Eskimo Kisses. Stampin' Up! Sentiment. Quickutz Scalloped Heart. I inked red chalk ink around the borders after distressing them.

On a Health note, Last year my triglycerides were high, my bad cholesterol was elevated, and my blood sugar was precariously close to the DIABETIC range. My husband and I started CLEAN EATING last year and my labs were ALL in the normal/healthy range. I am having trouble loosing weight by diet alone (I didn't have the weight problem until my 30s). I have started 1 hour of cardio per day, and lost nearly 7 pounds since Christmas Day. My husband is loosing weight and getting healthy right along with me. He EVEN helps me prep foods, because we eat NOTHING packaged, or refined! I love working in the kitchen together. It makes it much more fun to get healthy when you have someone you love working with you on the goal.

9 comments:

  1. You did an awesome job!!!! I would of been overlapping all over the place! LOL! Love your new header!!! What a CUTIE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW - That is fantastic on your new health journey. My husband has lost 100 pounds since August and I have lost 45. It is such a pain - but so worth the feeling of being able to walk up the stairs without being out of breath! Our 9 year old is lovin' it too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the triangle shapes for your quadrants--hadn't thought of that. It almost looks like you could fold them all open--wouldn't that be neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love what you did with your card!
    Congrats on working towards a healthier you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your take on the quadrants. Very creative!~ Nice work with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card, and a timely reminder to the rest of us that healthy living shows results quite fast - if you stick to it! (which I don't)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to use triangle as the quadrants! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever design to fit the challenge - fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is wonderful that you have made eating clean such an integral part of your regimen. That is inspiring and it is also cool that your husband is participating and helping out with food prep. It takes a little extra time, but sure sounds like it reaps tangible benefits! Go Kristen, you're inspiring me to do this too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!