Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Baby it's Cold Outside

Summer Barbecue in the middle of winter invite box.
Thank you to Die Cuts R Us who had the easy, fun, and great result tutorial today for this box. It can hang on a bottle, a door, bubble bath, whatever your little heart desires.
I made mine a door hanger, and these are the invites I am going to use to invite the neighbors over to a barbecue in January! I think it will be a nice way to break up the winter monotony.
Here is the the invite cards made with the Party Font with Pages.
The die cut is Flip Flops from Quickutz (Die Cuts R Us has 50% off QK until Dec 31, 2009!!!) The silverware is one of the add on sets for Santa's Workshop.

I think I may re-do the design to be more picnic fare looking with my ant die. I will post the re-design at a later date. Now that I think about it, I think brighter, sunnier colors would be better.


6 comments:

  1. Very cute. Do your neighbors see your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to break up the winter blues. Love the invites. I might just steal this idea from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen what a great take on the tutorial! Love your idea.

    Oh, BTW...please contact me at: www.busylittlehands@sbcglobal.net
    I've something special to send you.

    Hint...hint...You won my challenge last week!

    Smiles!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea!! Thanks so much for stopping by today at the Die Cuts R Us blog. I am glad you enjoyed the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to be your neighbor :) These are great!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!