Friday, December 4, 2009

A Martha Moment...

This is a Martha Stewart idea, I have to spray it with glitter or something, maybe I will embellish it with some die cuts. I am submitting this to Die Cuts R Us for their make a gift challenge. It is made from folding an old magazine! It was very fun. I can see painting these, or covering them with glitter, or even spray flock. I can see making a mantle full of them. Go to Martha's website and the instructions should be there to make your own, and they have templates for gorgeous pop up cards!
Die Cuts R Us has a prize for this week, you get 1 entry for being a follower, and 3 extra entries if you make and post a gift. Definitely worth it, so get over there and play along.
Here is the outside of my start of Valentine cards already. This is the Stampin' Up! Truck with the loads of love sentiment on the inside. The inside punch is EK success. The hearts pop out!
And here is the inside of the loads of love card.

Happy Weekend everyone, hope you have a great Friday. We got a dusting of snow, and the puppy thought it was the most delicious little snack ever!

8 comments:

  1. Kristen, this is a very neat idea. Thank you for posting the link info. I'm going to head over there and check this out too. This would be fun for a myriad of center peice ideas. The snowman is too cute too...but as you may know by now...I'm a softy for the snowman.

    Smiles!
    Gwen DT@DCRU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, fabulous Inspiration!! Not to mention Super cute and clever!!
    Thanks for sharing with DCRU this week!

    HUGS - LORi

    ReplyDelete
  3. How creative! I love that you shared this with us!! You always have the greatest ideas!!! Thanks for your dedicated support to DCRU!!!!

    Sammye Jo
    DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. just read your post re the 150 cards for church....well done to you and your team.

    chriss x

    ps do you think you may find time for our ATC challenge for December.
    'A Winters Day'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, your snowman is too cute!! Uh oh...did you say Valentines? LOL Love that card, too!!
    Cara DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. what great projects Kristen!
    Oh, I'd love to see that magazine tree all 'glam-ed' up! lol
    Thanks for sharing the link!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristen what a great Martha Moment you had;) I can't believe you made it out of a magazine, I have to try this! And your Valentine's are looking great! Which reminds me that they are next on my "to do" list!
    Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. CUTE! CUTE! this brings back memories - I remember doing this project in elementary school.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!