Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A day out, a lot of GREAT mail, then there was lunch...

Star Light, Star Bright, First Star I see tonight
This is for the Order of the Opus Gluei. Their challenge this week is to SHAPE UP! Actually, it is to use a star shape on your card! So here is mine, computer generated with the text on Pages. The image is Lisa's Altered Art. Then Stickles are dotted here and there, and used to outline the star.

I finally got to feeling halfway human today. I went to the mall and got soaps from Lush and Bath and Body. Lunch was a bust! I ordered a salad and was working my way through the tasteless glop and thought. it must be congestion making this taste so awful! I finally asked my husband to taste it, because my green tea tasted just fine! He said, yuck, it has less flavor than milk!!! I left it there. It is so disappointing when you pay $60.00 for lunch for 2 and leave half your lunch behind. I am a much better cook. I have never cooked for the masses, so I am sure that has something to do with it, but we will definitely not be going back there for lunch.
For Cupcake Craft Challenge I did this Be Mine Card.
There challenge was Going Girly!
I love these Lisa's Altered Art images... so cute!
I love my new pom pom trim that I got in white and black at Archivers! Thank you all you gals out there using this and persuading me!!!

Great mail!?!?
An invite to Crop for the Cause in Green Bay, WI in April of this year, our Club Die for my die-cut club... the Boss Kut Gator named Chomp, and my Master of the Macabre prize from Haunted Design House... a Cee Dees set of corner stamps! There is one for winter, spring, summer and fall! Very cool (thank you very much Barb!)

6 comments:

  1. Wow, those are just too cute. I hope you are feeling better soon. I wouldn't be able to make a card if I was sick, I am such a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome! Thanks for the great participation on Macabre Mondays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card. Such a pretty image and the papers are definitely girly! Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are wonderful. Especially love the one with the star. You know, the one you made for us at Opus Gluei. Not that I am biased or anything. Glad that you are feeling better. Nasty lunches exist to make us appreciate our cooking that much more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful cards, but then you always do a beautiful job on your projects. Sorry we didn't give you props earlier on the challenge rewind but we've cleared that up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!