Monday, January 18, 2010

Fallen Angel

For Macabre Mondays, I drew this piece. It is a fallen angel trying to put back the pieces of a broken heart. Her tattered wings won't let her fly anymore. Then I did a close up of the angel's eyes in the inset. It is drawn with a Sharpie Marker and Copics, then touched up with a white gel pen and a metallic pink gel pen.

If you are an animal lover (aren't most of us?) could you please check out this post on my blog, if you have time, and go place a vote. It gives a shelter free food, and if they get enough clicks a grant for this year! Plus, my sister adopted 2 of these rescued horses last year! And it's FREE! Please go help! Thank you :)

8 comments:

  1. I just LOVE your drawing, AND how it tells a story! Thanks so much for playing along with Macabre Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! Kristen, this is so gorgeous!! LOVE the white details in it!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positively stunning! You are a great artist and I just LOVE the inset of the eye. How can anyone compete with this?! Thank the Goddess for random winners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your drawings are unique thats for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just fabulous! I love your art- and the concept is perfect. Keep showing us more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic! What a crazy and sick card! Amazing work! Congrats on being a Gruesome Twosome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!