Monday, January 11, 2010

Flu season bit me, hard!!! UGH, but still making some cards!

I am doubling up on some challenges because I have had the flu for 6 days now. I couldn't stand to be out of art room for another day, and wanted to play along so badly!
This card is for a use some old stash challenge at Busy Little Hands (Her first Challenge)... sorry it is so late Gwen!
And for the sketch over at Mojo Monday.
I used up some stickers, made a paper posy, and used some K and Company paper from last year. I don't have a huge stash... If you have seen the show Hoarders on TV, my show would be Tossers. I get rid of or use up everything. Don't look at my house this week though!!! I have had a fever, aches, sore throat, watery eyes and felt just plain nasty for 6 days now. Don't feel too bad, I have a most wonderful bed and a very catering husband who ran and got me 7-up and popsicles and cold/flu medicine, and all that kind of fun stuff... plus he made me chicken noodle soup and went and picked up dinner a few nights. That and I am starting to feel better!

Hope you are feeling well, and stay well!!!

7 comments:

  1. Love your card Kristen! Great distressing and lollipop flower. That sentiment is really nice...I sincerely hope that you are feeling better soon.

    Smiles!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope you are feeling better soon. Sounds like your hubby is a sweetie. Love your card..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Kristen! Love the flower! Your little doggie banner is just so adorable...I love visiting your blog just to see it!
    Amber
    p.s. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. kristen this is not the regular flu make sure if it last more than 7 days go to the dr and get anti biotics . I have had to take two rounds and I have never had to take two rounds of anti biotics before !!! Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the distressed look of this, great card! Sorry to hear the bug got you, but sounds like your DH is a sweetie! Take care, ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like you, I have been sick, but couldn't stand not making things! Glad to see you felt well enough to make something! Feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh such a fabby creation Kristen!! Love the yummy papers!! Hope you're feeling better soon!! BIG HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!