Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year Everybody!

I asked my mom to make me a scarf out of Granny Squares, and she came through! Here it is! I love it! I can wear it like a vest almost!
I had card club on Sunday, and forgot to bring my cards to exchange... oops! So, here is my card for club. I used Skipton font by Go Kreate, and the Kitchen Aid Mixer is Quickutz. The paper is Basic Grey, and some card stock from the stash.
We exchanged a Secret Santa Card at club too. (Which I also forgot, sorry Kim). This is my creation, since Kim likes soups. I made her a little recipe book of soups. It could actually fit in her purse and she could have it on hand in case she's out and doesn't know what to make for dinner.
And here are some of the pages!

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh, you can send Kim's secret santa gift to Illinois and I will hand deliver...wink*wink!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! How clever!! This is just such an awesome project!! I love it!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, a soup recipe book that will fix in her purse... Cute cute. And how very special to have the scrap made from your grandmother quilt. So special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That scarf looks so warm and toasty!!!

    I love that recipe file! you did a fantastic job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year...Great post Kristen
    and boy do I like the Jenna diet... and the header is simply gorgeous.

    Hope that life is being good to you.

    take care
    chriss x
    ps love the granny square scarf ...never heard them called that before.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!