Monday, February 15, 2010

He wasn't my type, but look where my type had gotten me!

This card is for the ribbon challenge at The Pink Elephant, and keeping it simple for Cupcake Craft Challenge.
The inside of the card has a Beyond Postmark Sentiment that says "He wasn't my type, but look where my type had gotten me". I agree with this totally... I dated men over 6 feet tall and over 200 pounds for years, and for 20 years I dated the same jerk. My husband doesn't fit the "norm" for what I thought was my type, and he is Just My Type!!! FINALLY!!!

The brads are Basic Grey from the Sugar Rush collection.
The paper is Kraft card stock
Bo Bunny for the polka dots.
The gel stickers over each letter are from EK success...
The type letters are die-cut letters from Domestic Goddess Collection graphic 45

If you like Digi-Stamps... don't forget to come back tomorrow for the Freebie


13 comments:

  1. Awww, Kristen isn't it funny how the universe laughs at us for years and then we happen onto what we really need in life? Great card.

    Hey, I've got something I want to send you. Please send me your addy to busylittlehands at sbcglobal dot net. Thanks!

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Kristen, great use of the letters...thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card ! Love the layout ! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft ! Smile from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card, I love the colours and design. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so much fun.
    Thanks for joining us at The Pink Elephant.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kristen, what a gorgeous card. Love the letters and dotty paper. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. I know exactly what you mean about finding Mr. Right. Mine isn't Mr. Perfect, but he is Mr. Right. Certainly not like anyone I had ever dated before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card Kristen! Great use of the letters! Thanks for playing along with us this week at TPE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute card Kristen :) cute story about Mr. Right...lol
    hugs,Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cleaver card! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at TPE!


    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous simple creation, love it. You did a great job with our challenge this week at Cupcake

    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great way to use those letters! Thanks for joining in the TPE fun this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, I just love all your cute sentiments for your cards, you are so clever! Take care, ~Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!