Tuesday, February 2, 2010

More Cards...

A sketch from A Spoon Full of Sugar, and A Color Challenge from Die-Cuts-R-Us made for this card that I really love today!
The stamps and paper are from the Die-Cuts-R-Us store, the stamps Unity... the Paper Sugar Rush from Basic Grey! The card stock is a coordinating set of Card stock that the store also grouped with the Sugar Rush paper. How simple to throw some beautiful cards together when all the color matching is nearly done for you???
I love this sketch to today... so cute... and full of hearts and love.
This card is for 365 Cards day 339... put a little LOVE in your card. Use the word LOVE... and I did. I used the wonderful sketch over at IC Sketches today. I went primitive with this one.
I drew the penny rug border, and the house, I will be adding those to the KAH-Wink-E-Dink shop.
The sentiment was created on my computer.
The name card is from a stack of calling cards that my grandfather had from his High School graduation in the early 1900s. He was married to my grandmother in 1916 (I believe), if that helps date them.
If you would like some of them for your own use, please click here.
Thank you.
If you would like my digital freebie for this week, please click here. (And leave me a message if you take Popfly Mayfly!!!)

14 comments:

  1. Kristen, I really like your card too. Sugar Rush is so fun. You did a great job with the papers and stamps.

    Smiles!
    Gwen DT@DCRU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! So happy you joined in the DCRU Fun this week!!
    DCRU Hugs - LORi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Kristen! Sugar Rush sure is sweet! What a cute card!! Thanks for playing along at DCRU!!
    Cara DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at Miss Kristen rockin the sugar rush and unity stamps! Go girl!!! Thanks for playing this week at DCRU!

    Sammye Jo
    DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute card, Kristen!! I love the shine to the umbrella!! Wonderful job with the challenge!! Thanks for playing with us at DCRU!!
    Sheri~DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh very great card !!
    hugs coco

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Kristen I love both of these cards especially the second it reminds me of folk art and very unique! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristen what a gorgeous card hunny, love it! hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I have missed you hun!! :) So glad to be able to catch up a bit!! These are some really awesome creations girl!! Love that realistic umbrella!! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of your cards are so cute!! I love the way you used your papers and I love the shine on the umbrella!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the house! The card is beautiful. You are just so talented! Take care, ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a great job on this color challenge love the shiny umbrella!!! Great job on your coloring and I am loving the way you used the Sugar Rush Paper!!!

    Heather - DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kristen!
    Love that you chose this particular piece of DP from the Sugar Rush collection, this was one of my top favorites! Love the image you used with it, wonderful colors and perfect for your entry at DCRU this week.
    Thanks for joining us!
    ~*Joni DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!