Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sending and getting prezzies!!!

Macabre Monday at Haunted Design House has the theme of Gothic Asian Persuasion. I have a hard time with Asian inspired cards. I have a few Asian word stamps, but really no knowledge of anything, but maybe dragons.
Then I thought... Anime (back in the 70s it was known as Japanimation) I loved Speed Racer!!!
I used the sketch from Paper Take Weekly for this card.
My Time to Craft had an In the Frame challenge, I used the gold borders from Flower Soft for my frame, I think it looks really cool.
I hope you like it!!!
This is my grand daughter's 6th birthday invite.
She should hopefully get them on Thursday and can mail them out!
The image is Stampin' Boutique. It is a journaling Digi-Stamp that I put into photoshop to add the text to. The 6 is a quickutz chopsticks die-cut. I layered with purple and pink papers, so Princess P is sure to mail these with pride.
The sketch I used for this card is from the Pink Elephant.

15 comments:

  1. Great cards! LOVE the Anime-inspired one with that fantastic coloring job!! Thanks so much for playing along with Macabre Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh How cute and super sweet!!
    Thanks for joining in the TPE fun this week!!

    HUGS - LORi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on both counts, Kristen. Great idea for the invite image. Photoshop and other editing programs can make our work soooo much easier!

    Smiles!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooo adorable!
    Thanks so much for for joining us this week at TPE.
    Kristy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you on Macabre Monday, and I have to say I love your anime piece, just fabulous :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what adorable creations sweetie!! LOVE the sparkle everywhere!! so fab and fun sweetie!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peyton will be so proud to send out these invites! They all look awesome, and I love your Anime card! Take care, ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Anime card! She is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card Kristen, I love the anime image and your invitations are fab thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such creative and original work! Love it. Thanks for creating with us at TPE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Card are looking amazing as ever! I have a little something for you over at my blog. :0) XOXO, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are wonderful! Love the Gothic one, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you nailed macabre monday! Both cards are great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable card!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at TPE!!
    Sheri
    TPE DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!