Friday, March 5, 2010

1 love digi Card for Mum

This card is for I love digi.
The digi is from In Style Stamps, their Retro Collection.
I love digi has this fun sketch to work with.
I used the basics paper and Kraft Card Stock
The gold trim on the orange paper with white dots is from Flower Soft. It is really easy to use too and nice and sticky! It feels like vinyl and is real flexible.
The envelope was made to match the lettering, which was made with Quickutz Chicken Noodle and Quickutz String Bean. I like these fonts because they are one die.

I found an easy way to use the letter for Quickutz dies too. I use permanent Tombo adhesive dots in the roller. I apply the adhesive while the letter is still in the paper it was cut from, but after I cut it. I then can pull out the letter, and if any adhesive is sticking out the edges it rolls away neatly and cleanly with a kneaded eraser. I hope this helps you want to get out your die-cut fonts. Sometimes they can be a pain, if you have a longer sentiment like this one. But try this, I think you will enjoy your die-cuts more!

Enjoy your weekend! We are home this weekend, which is ALWAYS a good thing.

13 comments:

  1. Cute card for Mum and great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing at I Love Digi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card for mom. She deserves to be pampered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a nice card. great colors and great tips for the die cuts. I want an alphabet for cuttlebug but they are so expensive

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I LOVE this one! Super cute image and adorable colors to match. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Digi!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to have to check them out. I am really into things that are retro. I just love it! I love what you did with the design too! Really terrific! XOXO, Julie. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, love the image and colours, its very pretty :)

    Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Digi this fortnight

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh.. I love this card.. super cute and retro.. what a fun image :) so cute!!! thanks for your support on my site.. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card. I also wanted to thank you for the freebie I got the other day, my bad for not saying it then. Sorry and what a wonderful site. Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh what a fab image this is you have coloured it beautifully. Thanks for joining us at I Love Digi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Kristen, coloring is perfect, I love that retro image! The flower soft foil adds the perfect touch! Take care, ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Thanks for joining us for the I love Digi Challenge.
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. great card, love the image,Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Digi
    poppy

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute card! Great take on the sketch!
    Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Digi!
    Dee (Spryte)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!