Monday, March 15, 2010

Friends are a Good thing... Flap Card

This is my very first FLAP card. The tutorial to make your own is over at JUGS (Just Us Girls) this week. And that is also their challenge... make your very own FLAP card. This image is bugaboo, the paper is the basics, and the card stock is Creative Memories.
I have to get some velcro, or a little magnet fastener to make the card stay closed.

My baby, Jenna, had her spay surgery on Thursday. She cannot hold her "licker", so instead of putting a cone on her... I put a baby onesie on her. Looks cute, does the job... and she isn't running into things with that darn cone. Plus she can eat and drink and sleep just fine. I bought a 4 pack of really cute pink and white prints for $7.99 at Target. A dog shirt would have been about $20.00 and would not have covered her scar! This is real soft too, and not irritating her incision! Plus when we go outside, I just snap the closures over her shoulder, and don't have to take it completely off. I used the size chart on the back of the package for what size to buy and it worked great! I hope I can keep her quiet for the whole 10 days... she is a go, go, go kind of dog.

9 comments:

  1. Jenna looks so sweet in her Onesie, how clever of you to get her one. Your flap card came out great! Thanks for sharing ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little flap card. That monkey is too cute and the sentiment - I think I need to print it out here at work LOL NOW as for the onesie - GET OUT - what a GREAT idea - I hate those cones - but I have cats now - no more dogs and somehow don't think my kitties would have allowed me to put them into a onesie :-) Thanks so much for supporting Just Us Girls by being a participant in our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great flap card Kristen, now I want to make one too !! Jenna is sure a cute pup...our kitty had a cone and my grandson called it the cone of shame "from the movie Up"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your monkey flap card is adorable and that sentiment is so true.. just love it!!

    Jenna is darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute monkey flap card! Your little Jenna is a sweetie too! I am a dog lover so she melts my heart :) That onesie looks very stylish on her! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls technique challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenna looks quite comfy in her onesie. She just may want to continue to wear them. She is such a little fashion plate. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Jenna feels better real soon. The onesie is such a good idea and she looks so sweet in it. :)
    Good luck keeping her quiet.

    Your flap card is terrific! I love the monkey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that little monkey image and all of those polka dots!!! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!