Sunday, March 7, 2010

Green with LOVE!

The Order of the Opus Gluei has a GREEN challenge this week! This card is for a girlfriend that I have had since 1978!!! Wheww that is a LONG time!
This is the Lysa and Krysten image that is named after her and I! Friends are GREAT! So I have paper from Making Memories and the basics, Kraft card stock, some ribbon, the pin is from my grandmother's stash of corsage pins (she was born in 1900, so I wonder how old some of these pins are???), there are green gems, green Copic Colors, green buttons, and I am sure Lisa is a recycler, so she will definitely not put this card directly into our land fills!!! So Green on that count too!

5 comments:

  1. Friends and Green! I am all warm and giddy. A perfect combo in my book. This card will certainly be loved. It is darling. Thanks for playing with us at Opus Gluei.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this card. I love the color, the image, and the saying. Just beautiful! Love it!!! XOXO, Julie. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice card with your very own digi. I hope you got your bunny , I think it might be the last day. I don't know if quick kuts works in cuttlebug , but it probably does . The cb is a new purchase so I'm still getting use to it..I just got some nice alphabet dies but the small ones seem so small to use and not sure how to glue these on projects.
    hugs,Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Kristen, I am sure your friend Lysa will really appreciate it! I love the added touch of your grandmothers corsage pin! Thanks for sharing ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where do I start on all the things I love about this card? Okay, well, the image is so sweet and now that I know the backstory it makes it all the more special. The colors are marvelous and you added that vintage corsage pin - aw, this is so sweet. End up in a landfill? hardly, this is a keeper in the memory box of cards to treasure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!