Wednesday, March 24, 2010

How'd I do that???

Here is my flower man for the Order of the Opus Gluei. I made him then surrounded him with Prima Flowers and Basic Grey Brads. Then I attached him to a card.
The challenge at the Opus Gluei this week is to use a paper you use every day... receipts, notebook paper, something you may work with... Jana used SPREADSHEETS and it is VERY COOL (Go check it out, and play along even)!
I used this mold (for Polymer Clay). I misted water in it... and laid a paper we ALL use every day on the water, and layered more of this paper with misted water until it was about 20 layers thick. I then let it dry overnight. I then colored it with copics and chalk ink to match my flower choices.


The paper.... have you figured it out yet? QUILTED NORTHERN!!! Yes, I made my floral man face with toilet paper... so how about that? Hope I gave you a giggle for the day! Have a good one!

12 comments:

  1. OMG - how cool! I love your paper of choice (cheeky girl, no pun intended). This is a great idea and the effect is fantastic! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one of the most clever people I am honored to call friend. This is so cool. I love the irony of the moon face made of TP. This looks amazing. I LOVE all the flowers surrounding his face. I think you picked the ONE item that we ALL use daily. Thank you so much for the OPUS GLUEI shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cool idea , and I love,love,love green :)tp ....go figure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would of never figured that out! It looks just AWESOME!!! Your talent never ceases to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - how fantastic is that - i love that flower man. So talented
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness Kristen, this is totally awesome! I never would have guessed it; was thinking it was with glue and newspaper - wow; I love it! What a neat idea! Great LO. You are simply amazing! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWZER!! This really rocks!!! I love that you did this!! What a very clever idea!! I love the green colors and how you've covered it around with flowers!! TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,and thanks for stopping by at my blog leaving such a nice comment :) I'm sooo happy to hear you like the piece I sent you :) You wouldn't by any chance be on flickr? maybe we could trade ATCs some day :)

    Take care,
    smiles and hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just the most awesome thing I have ever seen! You are one talented lady. (but then, we knew that)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome idea Kristen! Looks so cool. Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's something somewhere that links a green man with a face made from loo paper..... not quite sure.... This inspires me to have a go at the powdered paper (or whatever its called) that's been lurking at the back of a high shelf. THAT'S what your green man is doing... lurking in the foliage.... Love this, love your view of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quilten Northern? You should submit this to them! Toilet paper has never looked so beautiful!!!! XOXO, Julie. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!